All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it better to do a DIY job or take it somewhere to be done professionally? If I can do it DIY what the best paint to use, way to do it etc? And any tips would be great cheers

·
Registered
585 Posts
You need a high build primer otherwise you'll end up doing it again...and again. You're best off following the advice of the above and fork out to have it done properly.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Cant see why you cant do it yourself, but it probably is best to let a garage do it as they have much more experience etc. If you do it yourself the hardest bit will be gettin a good colour match, its even more difficult to achieve with your typical aerosol cans.

·
Banned
521 Posts
kennyvalver on here did his himself at college but he is doing a bodyshop course. My advice would be pay to get it done professionally. And if you are doing it yourself remember preperation is the key.

·
Registered
12 Posts
tbh mate for what your looking for out the car i would pay a bodyshop to fit it, unless my mate gets that garage turned into a booth. when i done it myself i used:

1 litre of plastic primer
round about 1 1/2 litres of high build primer
about 1 litre of paint
1 litre of lacquer
and the same for the hardener.

i know you dont have as much to paint but just to give an idea.

kenny

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yer i was going to point out you'll really need to get an air compressor, im not sure how much they are to rent, but they aint cheap to buy. You'll need a dust free atmosphere etc too. and as pointed it, you may find it hard getting a good colour match

·
Registered
6 Posts
im planning on respraying my star silver corsa gsi replica the end of april! im looking along the lines of gun metal colour... does any1 know what the gsi colour is?
im having mine done professionaly, its about £600 but well worth doing as they have baking ovens etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
an imperial blue is a good colour,,,when bright shades of light hit it it chages to a dark blue of a light blue it looks really good,,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts