All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm not sure on painting them but I know powdercoating is an option. Although I don't think it's a cheap option.

·
Registered
390 Posts
painting them isnt a problem!!

u need some high build metal primer, your paint, and lacquer.

seen a lot of painted wheels (including my own) and can look great if done right.

cheap option as well so if u dont like them u can try a different colour!!

just take ur tiem and do it right :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
clutch what you on about lol

mate if your ay good with making tape you can paint hem with the tyres on and still get it perfec, but it is easier obviously with them off

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Sorry just had a funny five minutes, lol

Buy some good quality tape and take you time if your tapeing them up, the better the preparation the better the results

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah kl kl i am gonna give it a go after christmas when i have sorted my spare room out will stick the steel rims back on while i do it might try and do something a bit special an see how it turns out lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
No harm in trying.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i work for junair sprayboothes if you heard of them they are like the rolls royce of car spraying, they make a thing called wheel smart it paints alloys. ring around and see if any garages own one i could find out a few for you next week. gives the ultimate finish. its not possible for me to use the wheelsmart we have, as the gaffer is away and his arse licker wont allow it

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah i know about powder coating but your looking at around £50 plus per wheel for that so might as well just but new wheels in the colour ya want
Not always true. If you shop around and check out local powder coating firms they will give you a base price, however if the wheel needs stripping back first it'll cost abit more. Strip all the paint off and de-grease it first, then the price should be alot lower. You can always ask in local engineering firms too, as they should have one or two powder coaters they use to get work finished, i know i do. The more prep work you do, the less they have to do, and the less they will charge.

Im in the process of getting a set of MO's coated white for the grand total of £40! :D If i went to the first place i came across, it would have been £100 for the set

Jon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.