All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now ive only just started getting mechanically minded but to me this seems like it may be a clutch plate issue, im no expert though, it makes the rattle while riding rough roads but the acceleration is staggered and i really struggled to get it upto 60, its only a 1ltr corsa so i know its not a quick car but it never takes that long. seems like a lot more revs is needed which is why i thought i may have shattered a plate or it may be a spring, anyone got any clues?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Try sticking it in second gear when stationary, apply the handbrake firmly, set the rpm to about 1200-1500, then keeping the throttle pedal steady slowly release the clutch pedal.

You should hear the engine begin the struggle as the clutch bites - then it will stall. If the clutch pedal comes all the way up and the engine still runs your clutch plate is shot.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really seem to know your stuff man! i meant to remove this thread but i dont know how, turns out my exhaust is rattling on something and the guy i got to locate the rattle was a tit and thought it was the front wheel. Its come loose over a speed bump at work, now i just have to see to getting the bonnet open because i cant find the latch through the grill, and then when its open, i need to see to the choke which is stuck open when i get into 4th gear.... and theeeeeeeeeen, vin number for paint to sand bubbles and repair. jesus. and to think i paid 550 for it only because it had 30 ltr of fuel in lol

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Has the bonnet pull in the driver's footwell come adrift? There's no release catch on the grill - if the release cable has snapped you can get at it from underneath with the car raised, fiddly but possible.

If you think the choke is stuck on - ie it's running rich - chances are it will be the coolant temperature sensor mounted on the top of the coolant pump. Cheap and easy to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.