All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've had this idea in my mind regarding PCS. An "invention" if you want to call it and not seen any manufacturer implement it in their computers.

I have been doing endless googling and stuff but I don't still know how to patent it or how much it is to cost. I don't know what type of solicitor I need if I need one to deal with the paperwork side of it.

Anyone have any info about this?

So far I have the idea in my mind for about 1 or 2 years. I have not made a prototype of it physically. How should I go about it? :L

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Theres a guy on Civiclife with the exact same question, ill try dig up the thread and post the replies.

Reactions: ibysmalls

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
What is this idea you've got? :shocked:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is this idea you've got? :shocked:
It's regarding the way a CD/DVD drive works and the engineering behind the application of read and write.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol. I've not told anyway and won't be either.

I can see it worth a lot to the likes of Microsoft, verbatim, LG, Sony, etc.
Need to get it patented asap before someone steals my idea somehow.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You do realise they're focusing on bluray now?
Yeah. Don't worry about that. and probably there will be some next level media that will evolve but my idea is applicable to all types even future medium.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont mind if its a small fortune. I think its like £300 or something when i saw on a yahoo answer. I think of it as a investment rather than a idea. I invest in the future :)

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
All depends how good the patent is. ie how good the lawyer you get is. If you go for a cheap one there will be big loop holes in the patent, meaning you may as well not have any patent

·
Registered
128 Posts
I dont mind if its a small fortune. I think its like £300 or something when i saw on a yahoo answer. I think of it as a investment rather than a idea. I invest in the future :)
Not that Yahoo answers is usually a reliable source.

The UK application fee currently costs between £230-280 and you have 12 months in which to make payment, therefore you have 12 months after the UK patent application has been filed before difficult and expensive decisions have to be made regarding patenting overseas.

This allows 12 months to test the market and approach industry with your product to provide you with the necessary feedback to make these decisions.

After four years, once granted, you will have annual renewal fees to pay. These start off at almost a quarter of the application fee and rise in small increments each year until the 20th year, when the patent expires.

In some instances, if you acquire a licensing deal it may be agreed that the company takes on future patenting costs and therefore the costs of patenting overseas, maintaining your patents may not even come out of your pocket!
http://www.innovate-design.co.uk/idea-protection/patent-advice.php#.UUF3OPHABBw

1 - 18 of 18 Posts