All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem: switched on PC goes through system boot and screen logo for motherboard etc. Gets to the Windows loading screen and then restarts by itself! Havent installed anything recently. Windows CD won't be recognised even when the ASUS DVD drive is selected as Boot Device.

Im guessing a problem with windows drivers or something? I have no other boot disk.

Help please!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cant load windows to use system restore and I dont have another copy of windows or a floppy drive to use a boot diskette in

No beeps, tried Last known good configoration

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
sounds that way, i just bought a 250gb hd for £35 if you want to rescue files and stuff on the hd theres alot of sites that will do this for about £7.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nothing wrong with my hardrive... story so far..

wanted to reinstall windows to get around the booting problem and everytme i install it I will use the CD to format the partition and then instal windows.

First it copies installer files after formatting and while doing this it comes up with random errors saying it cannot copy xxxx.dll and i click enter to retry and it goes on then hits another error :S
then it reboots at the end and comes to the windows installation screen... at 34 minutes left it says witha dialog box...

"Device installer error"
"Windows could not load the installer for DiskDrive. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance"
Sometimes "DiskDrive" says "CD-ROM"

Googled but dunno what i'm looking for! :(
PLUS i have used 3 different XP installation discs, so it's not the disc and i've tried it on another hardrive so it's not that either...........

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Try resetting bios to factory settings and put everything on autodetect, formatting to ntfs.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tried NTFS and FAT32
Same problem when installing, even with different install discs and on different hardrives......

Im so pissed off with it now, I need my PC for Uni

·
Registered
611 Posts
there must be a local computer shop near you that can help. most of the guys who run local shops (not national frachises) will give you free advice and help and dont charge too much if they need to do work. describe the problem to him/her and see what they say. i'm guessing at a motherboard problem tho since it doing it with various HDs and install discs

·
Registered
88 Posts
i think my computer did the same thing as yours. i ended up having to completely restore my computer to facotry settings, but luckily i had backed up most of my stuff on an external hard-drive

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fixed and i'm back! :D

one of a 1GB RAM sticks was nackered

only have 1536MB of RAM now :(

Anyway at least I got my Pc sorted! hi again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts