All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi bros,

I have a 2007 corsa D 1.2 petrol. Recently my engine maintaince light (the car with the spanner) has been coming on when my engine is running. My cars running fine etc but I'm making a trip to Wales next week and need it to be sorted.

I tried the pedal test and I've tried to count the flashes but I get something like 5245 and that doesn't add up on the code list.

Anyone any ideas/ knows how to count these flashy things? I've attached a video I took. Forgive the noises. My dad is going to hopefully fix it!

Cheers guys. I know it must be annoying answering dumb people's questions like mine. X

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there i am informed by certain people that you cant do a pedal test on a Corsa D, it appears to me you can carry out the procedure and the light flashes or the mileometer reads something, but the number it comes up with is a ridiculous number like the one you have got, it doesn't appear to mean anything to anybody....

My theory is vauxhalls have put it there for something and it probably means something to them....but as for looking for fault codes it appears to be a waste of time, and you would be better off using a code reader....preferably OpCom....that's the conclusion i have come to anyway.....from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh thanks Fred. I've been looking all over the Internet for something, thought it was me struggling to count flashing lights.

You've saved me hours of searching. I'll have to get it connected!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ok if your thinking of keeping the car or you have more than one vauxhall you might want to consider OpCom, you can get it off ebay, for about £30 it works with a windows computer...or just take it to Garage, they will prob charge you about £50 to check it....Fred.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.