All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1.2 twinport (54 reg) so far all I have done Is place an exhaust back box on the car. I'm looking at air filters next and am looking for the added power and better noise. Is it worth doing on my car and will I need a cold air intake or is it not really needed. Also if you think I should. Any suggestions of filters ? Been looking at K&N 57i. Also a quick one, are there any problems I MIT experience if I did go for it ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Pointless in my opinion, wont add any noticeable power especially on a 1.2

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
EITHER:

1. Drill and de-restrict your air box and add a k&n panel filter.

2. Buy a cone filter WITH A COVER. Like this but a better brand, as it will shield your filter from the hot air around the engine, as this is what causes flat spots. You will need to add the cold air feed pipe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EITHER:

1. Drill and de-restrict your air box and add a k&n panel filter.

2. Buy a cone filter WITH A COVER. Like this but a better brand, as it will shield your filter from the hot air around the engine, as this is what causes flat spots. You will need to add the cold air feed pipe.
Yeh, I just don't know about the cold feed, would it be any good to just remove the top half of the filter box and mount the cone filter above the bottom half ? Then would the colder air still come through ?

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
just get a green cotton panel filter and drill the airbox. the vectra c intake pipe is a good idea too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
dont bother with a cone,
iv had my 1.2 remapped to same hp as a 1.4 and it was done by thorney motorsport and they fit 1 of their panel filters, has got a nice roar to it under acceleration,
best bit is that its vauxhall approved and wont affect the warrenty:thumbs_up:

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Yeh, I just don't know about the cold feed, would it be any good to just remove the top half of the filter box and mount the cone filter above the bottom half ? Then would the colder air still come through ?
i did this and stuck the cone in the bottom half of the box, worked a treat for me although it was a 1.6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts