All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Looking good my friend, liking the TV Sun visors, how much did they set you back?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Really like the progress so far. How's the spoiler coming along?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Lee

Im just waiting for another gsi spoiler should be with me today from ebay so then I can get to work on it. I took my old one off last night as you can see the massive holes the guy who had it before me made they were really rusty so had to grind them back and treat the rust. Ill post more pics once I do abit more work on it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Nice to see you do it properly, some people would just stick the spoiler back on and leave the rust, until it's too rotton to do anything about it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah who ever put the spoiler on did a bodge job they cant of had 4 bolts the same size as its got 8mm 10mm 11mm bolts & a screw lol but the rust was getting bad im just pleased that they didnt bond it on aswell it just fell off. :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Like the previous owner of my car, the bonnet started to rust near the grille they left just it, but luckily i managed to cure just before it crept upto the outside of it, Gto rust on my inner sills as well, they need doing soon:(

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I have the odd little patch on mine that needs doing but I have very big plans for the car once I get some money coming in so it will all get sorted.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah mines got bits coming through Im fitting Gsi sideskirts but need the rust doing first no point just covering it up.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I have the odd little patch on mine that needs doing but I have very big plans for the car once I get some money coming in so it will all get sorted.
Has that skyline story got you inspired lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lol, had ideas all along but the more projects I read the more I want to do my own. 2.0Let is a definate.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Im definitely interested, what other plans you got? is it going to be like a big overhaul?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Depending on the funds, strip it back to shell. Repair any thing that needs doing. Then a full respray in Arden blue (same colour), strengthen engine bay. Set of compomotive mo's in white, or speedlines in white. 2.0Let, and gsi kit back on.
Want it to look as standard and subtle as I can bodywork wise, but go like **** of a stick.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
aaah sleeper style very nice lol, looking forward to it, what power are you aiming for 150-200BHP? id love to do that but i dont have the funds or time :(

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I don't have the funds yet lol. I'll buy a runaround from auction and do it as a hobby project.
Standard Let pushes out around 200bhp iirc. Being used to 106bhp with mine I think that will be enough :thumbs_up:.
I want something that will wipe the floor with much bigger cars.
Had 2 little scrotes in 1.4 corsas up my arse monday night and tbh it was hard for me to pull away which was a bit depressing.

**Oh and sorry for hi-jacking the thread Stewart.**

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Had 2 little scrotes in 1.4 corsas up my arse monday night and tbh it was hard for me to pull away which was a bit depressing.

**Oh and sorry for hi-jacking the thread Stewart.**
Try struggling to pull away from a loaded removal van, now that depressing, :(

Its a love hate relationship with my car, i love it just cant stand it being so slow, 45BHP is nowhere near enough.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That's what I was like with my old one, exactly the same as yours. In the end I got a 1.6 sport engine for it and never looked back tbh. The only downside was the petrol costs.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Id rather have a lighter wallet than the pain and embarrassment of such a slow car lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Xe it in the future.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts