All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while i was at the petrol station today a little chav pulled in on what looked to be a 125cc motorbike (only about 2ft off the ground - i think they call them pit bikes?) which looked pretty fun. ive been seeing these rode all over the fields near me, and wondered if any1 is into motorbike stuff? im looking into buying one, not one of them huge ones just a little small one to rag about on the fields near me. will i be able to ride one under my driving licence? all info under this topic would be appreciated!

·
Registered
94 Posts
i actually dont think a lot of them are legal, unless used on legal tracks etc, im sure theres some which are to the legal standard, but my brother and cousin use things like that on legal tracks, and non legal (little sh!ts), but yeah they're great fun to ride.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
yeah i ride mountain bikes and normally when i ride woods/forests etc you get a lot of these pit bikes. look really good fun though! and if you get a proper one, what a noise! corsasi has one i think.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeah i remember seeing a pic of a really nice one on here, and yeah the sound can be spot on when the little chavs dont mess about with them.

i dont think you can get nor need a license for them.

·
Registered
521 Posts
my bro had 1 he bought it off ebay for under 300 thay are such good fun you can buy road legal ones with lights that you can ride on a provisional with aa cbt they are great fun my mate has 1 you can buy them from ebay for bout 5 or 600

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the feedback guys, gonna look into this more! i used to ride my mates 50cc when we were about 10, man it was such fun!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
50cc are poo, you want the 125cc pit bikes, like a thumpstar, awesome things, so much fun mate! just be careful where your riding it, the law are very strict about them and majority of people class them as a nuisance

·
15,023 Posts
I am not 100% sure but if you are caught riding one that is classed as riding with out insurance, so you might get hammered for that. Also to ride them on the road you would need to pay tax for them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im just looking for one to hammer around the fields/woods near me - so i guess i wouldnt need tax/insurance? but what are the laws on these things for riding in fields? - are there any?

·
15,023 Posts
erm dont get caught.

I think it depends on the area but I think on most places, that it isnt specifically allowed on, it is illegal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm, but i always see chavs ragging em around like on roads and ****, they must be lucky not to get caught.. but the place i wanna go is like a public forest sorta thing, i remember when we rode that 50cc bike i mentioned in an earlier post, massive police crossers came down and just told us to move on - we were like 10 tho..

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i would just ride it mate, just ride it in woods etc no one will catch you lol. just get good at riding it so you can out run the law ;)

·
15,023 Posts
This is taken from a website I found, basically just a few things to think about, personally I would just go for it though.
If you do not follow the guidelines you will be breaking the law. When the police catch up with you, you run the risk of:

* Your bike being seized

* Receipt of a heavy fine

* If you are able to reclaim your bike after seizure, expect a charge of more than £100

* Points on your driving licence

* Disqualification

* Imprisonment

* An Anti-Social Behaviour Order

* An unlimited civil claim

* Serious injury to yourself and others

·
Registered
94 Posts
when some people complained about my brother riding his in a field all he got was a letter saying he was disturbing people etc telling him not to ride it in that field.

pretty pointless cos he still does.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts