All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it about time I made a topic on this.

There has been a few mention by mods in other topics about keeping on topic and trying not to spam with off topic or irrelevant posts.

This is not aimed at specific users, just as a general forum/site rule.

General Chat and Humor sections are here for people to post anything they like, and reply with anything they like (as long as it doesn't breach any other rules).

The main reason for this clampdown is that a lot of useful threads are being filled up with non useful posts and are becoming fairly unreadable because of this.
All I and the other staff ask is that topics be kept on subject.

Please feel free to discuss below.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I agree with that Lee and tbh, there does seem to be a lot of 'hi-jacking' and posts that go way off topic meaning you have to sift through to find information.

I'm guilty of it myself to some extent but where possible I do try to show etiquette (which is what it essentially comes down to) whilst posting on the forums. To a new person trying to find out specifics, it could more than likely be very difficult on some of the threads.

Glad it's been brought up though and hopefully it won't get to the point where you end up having to lock/edit threads too much. Perhaps though, the more useful threads could be stickied for ease of perusal for all members, new and old.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Very well said Sky, yeah this needed addressing, threads seem to get bogged up with just 'lol' and one word replies, so hopefully this will become less frequent!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
We can all be guilty of it from time to time

But as you said above Sky the important thing is people new/and old looking for information may be put off by it.

We all care about the site and its future as a community and a place to find answers so i'm sure we'll all try harder :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Even if they need 'trimming' to maintain the subject matter in order to be stickied. I think it's also important to mention that there's no harm in being playful and having fun (that's the essence of this site and why I enjoy it so much) but maybe users could start a new thread and/or link to it from the main source thread if necessary etc. Just a little more thought before posting sometimes perhaps? Time and a place etc etc

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
yeah i agree, you can have a laugh but being resonable at the same time. putting one word answers sometimes are needed like if someone is asking a simple question, but yeah as corsaj said just putting "lol" for the fun it is a bit stupid. Hi-jacking threads i agree with as well, does get annoying!

·
Registered
521 Posts
i have to agree this site is here to help an has alot of knowladgable people on an it is quite difficult to find the info you require sometimes because things go off topic

·
Registered
585 Posts
Maybe if the Help section had a 'General Help' or a specific section called 'Need help?' and then new people could ask without having to sift through the subsections to post a specific question? They may not even know what section to post in. That way, any threads in the Help section could be reserved ONLY for on-topic responses from more seasoned posters/users and if necessary could be moved/stickied into the proper section once ample information has been provided.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sky you little bright spark, cracking idea that is mate!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A good suggestion Sky but that's not really the problem.
There are multiple search options available for people to find the help they need.

The problem is off topic posting.
One or two light hearted comments is not a problem in any thread but what we need to sort out is when topics get taken over by non relevant posts. Some examples of this are sometimes nine or ten off topic replies in a row, by which time the original topic of the thread is long gone.

We have General chat, Car chat, Humour, and also the Gold forum where members can post randomness to their hearts delight.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was the rat-... picture ;) .

Probably best kept for the Gold Forum.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To females?
The picture itelf wasn't, the term it implied was.

·
Banned
521 Posts
only offensive to people that are uptight coonts, the same ones that right in to complain about tv adverts being offensive etc. An i dont think we have anyone like that on here. Most people would take in good humour but then again i guess it was slim just being on his time of month again.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
only offensive to people that are uptight coonts, the same ones that right in to complain about tv adverts being offensive etc. An i dont think we have anyone like that on here. Most people would take in good humour but then again i guess it was slim just being on his time of month again.
If we keep anything that may be deemed offensive etc to a private part of the forum then it will hopefully minimise the chances of people taking offence by it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yes but that is corsasport you are talking about mark, they're not the ebst example to follow:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts