All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother has a Corsa 03 plate five door. She reversed into something and smashed the reverse light, just above the bumper. The housing is a bit damaged but no damage around the light. Halfords said they don't sell the red reflector so I can't replace the 'glass' for her. Is this likely to be a garage job and if so is it likely to be very expensive?
I would like to sort this out for her, she loves her car and is really upset about it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Do you have a picture of the damage?

·
Banned
521 Posts
what did she hit to damage the reverse light? lampost? You cant replace the glass if its broken. You just need a new rear cluster. Should be able to get a new one from a scrappies for £10-£15 then its 2 bolts i think to change it over?

·
Registered
708 Posts
If she hasn't wrecked the whole cluster then, like Mark said, about 10 to 15quid from a scrappie and just unbolt the broken one, then bolt the new one.

Have a look through your local Yellow Pages for a scrap yard or breakers..

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hmmm, that MIGHT involve the whole rear bumper, depends how secure the lights are!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Without looking I'm not sure, the only person I know with a Corsa C is my cousin and shes away at the moment.

·
Registered
696 Posts
yeha the bumper has to come off, shes very lucky she didnt do any damage to the bumper!

it sohuldnt be hard to take off, thats it its similar to how the corsa B one comes off..

a bolt in the arch, a couple under the spat then 3 at the top where the bootlid covers? then maybe some underneath the bumper

·
Registered
325 Posts
First off tell your mum its nothing to worry about, parts can be replaced, just needs a bit of DIY to get it looking like before

I'm sure u dont need to take the whole bumper off

Just unscrew the 4 screws inside the boot holding the grey plastic bit and 2 either side underneath the rear wheels, then it should come off easily

but even if u dont know what you are doing u can always take it to a garage, at most they will charge u is 30mins labour plus parts which i think should not exceed a total of £40

·
Registered
447 Posts
the definitive answer:

Yes the bumper does need to come off, as the lights are secured into this. and including the "black" part - it is all one unit.

you need to open your boot, remove those hideous black flat plastic screws.
you need to also screw the top of your rear arch, and bend it back, careful not to brake the clips.

(when i removed rear bumper, i had to jack the car up as i couldnt get my hand in, although that was lowered on 17's)

once this is done, the bumper will lift off a bit, then unplug the fog light loom so it will completely come away from the car.

Then you need a T20 Torx screw driver to remove the 3 torx bolts holding the light in, simply take it out, clip the new one into position.

Putting the bumper back on, is the opposite to what you've just done.

Time taken, about 30 mins.

edit - make sure you get rid of ALL the broken glass in the old bumper, leaving just one little bit in will push the light out and make it sit at a funny angle :thumbs:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts