All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 1.4.Corsa design, 2009 Automatic. Ok today my lady couldn't get the car out of Park. Having scanned the internet, I managed to get it out of park by removing the shift lever cover and press down on the yellow tab. This I did and then I was able to put the "Stick" into Neutral. I did and yes we had gears.

Now what needs to be replaced so that I don't have to do this ? I was told the brake light switch is at fault, even though the brake lights worked. I am told this is also the gear release switch ? Is this the one located on the pedal ?? Also anybody got a part number ??

Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - All sorted. After fitting a new brake light switch, (Not Faulty !!) it turned out to be the blue wire that goes onto the solenoid. It was intermittent and therefore the pin that fires out and releases the gears when the brake pedal is depressed, wasn't working. Simple centre console out, armed with Mr Soldering Iron and dry joint repaired. Happy Lady again....

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.