All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all your plumbers out there...

Here's the situation, i've got an old school noisy boiler in my room, the one that lights up when you put the heating on and is noisy as hell, i also got the big water boiler thing in the airing cupboard, i have downstairs a heating and a hot water switch... i also have a hot water switch upstairs which is always on.

Right heres the problem, i only get hot water when the heating is on/has been on that day which over winter was fine. now its hot and we dont want the heating, its getting annoying as this week i've had 2 cold showers lol it comes out luke warm...

ideas please.

Ta.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Take a picture of where your big copper tank is Brad. I'd put money on it you have a mid position valve that is either seized or passing.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You can usually drop an immersion eater in the tank the airing cupboard, just wire it to the mains (properly) on a switch. Turn it on 20 mins before a shower, job done.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wont be seized i dont think, its only a year old!

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll get a pic tonight if i remember though!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You can usually drop an immersion eater in the tank the airing cupboard, just wire it to the mains (properly) on a switch. Turn it on 20 mins before a shower, job done.
Very expensive way of doing it though. They should only be used as a backup.

wont be seized i dont think, its only a year old!
The system is or the valve? Your issue will be with the valve, or the wiring.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the whole lot was replaced over a year ago, been fine until now?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Typical plumber, always blame the wiring.
I'm not a plumber, I'm far more skilled :thumbs_up:

the whole lot was replaced over a year ago, been fine until now?
Have you ever used it just hot water only though? There is only the valve that physically dictates if the water should heat up the cylinder (hot water), or the radiators (central heating). If you find that you put only the hot water on, on the clock, and yet your radiators are still getting warm, then the valve will be passing.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah it was fine last year! we'd just leave the hot water switch on and we'd have constant hot water..

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Get a pic up of the valve then.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Screw you Dan. If there was a flip off smiley I'd be using it right now.

Plumbers can't do what I do. I can do everything they do, and all my side of it too.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Rhyme

Reactions: Lee

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Actually never noticed that. I'll not give up my day job though.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Could get be one of them electronicly controlled 3 way valve broken? Gfs mum has got one to put into her system as atm hot water = heating upstairs
That's what I've been talking about, although I'm waiting for a picture off Brad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts