All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couldent find any posts about this ,

i was driving down a road about a hour ago and i was going around a bend when all of a sudden there was a camara van with the back door open on my side, occupied.

question 1 ; do they get both sides of the road

question 2 ; what range do they record your speed

question 3 ; i did slow down reasonably to 30 as i drove nearer , i didnt slam on though as it was icey. would this help . was about 2lengths of a swimming pool away.

question 4 ; how could i get away with it , if it got me . :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah simple as lol.....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
if it got you, ask for to see the calibration certificate for that day, sometimes works if they havent calibrated it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was about 75-100 meters away and i was gradually slowing i was at 25 when i was about 25 meters away ?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Cant they record up to a mile or half a mile or something? And if there was no other cars around you speeding he will probably have aimed for you. You may be lucky if he was trying to catch some one else and you slowed down in time. Just wait the 2 weeks and just hope nothing happens

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
No they dont have to be marked vans, it is just a myth they can have cameras hidden or whatever if they catch you, you are caught

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Apparently they only need to be marked if they are part of the road safety partnership scheme. Police can just pull up and whip out their lazer guns.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah around my area you see the odd copper hiding in a bush with his gun , haha serious , its not on !

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
suppose i will just have to wait, i should of got out and blackbelt'ed his arse :laugh: and took the camara !

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
as soon as the camera can see you more than likely your getting monitored.

30limits r there 4 a reason. tho :)

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
No they dont have to be marked vans, it is just a myth they can have cameras hidden or whatever if they catch you, you are caught
the camera vans have to be marked. however there is also normal speedtraps where it can just be a policeman with a speed gun stood anywhere.

however we're talking about the vans ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Its all f*cking Day light robbery if you ask me, im sure you they have plenty more to do than constantly bombard motorists with tickets etc. This kind of subject gets me angry :mad: lol, to do it in unmarked vans is completely unfair too.

I pay £110 a year for the privilege to drive on our lumpy, pot holed, suspension destroying tarmac known as british roads, also driving at the risk of being flashed by some sort of camera every 500 metres, the joy.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts