All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

A year ago now I bought a 53 plate 1.2 corsa life.. And everything seemed completely fine until a few things started to happen!!

For a start, it burns through oil like there is no tomorrow. It's not dropping it as there has NEVER been any spots or puddles of oil when I've parked up anywhere.. But I mean I had my oil refilled up last time it ran out about a month or two ago and my oil light just flashed on for a second last night as I was driving (literally I wouldn't of noticed if I wasn't looking at my speedo it goes on and off that fast) and when I got home and checked it, surprise suprise, it was bone dry.

The next problem is I'm having Mayo on my oil cap. I did take it to a garage and he said as long as I'm not losing water (which I'm not) it should be okay and it's probably just condensation and I do do A LOT of short trips. But I mean it's a lot and it's all the time...

Another thing is yesterday when I went to check my water (my water pump is filthy anyway) I had a massive dark brown/black lump of sludge in it.. Scooped it out and the only way I can describe it is it looked like a squashed slug, it was gross. No actual signs of oil in my water though I just occasionally get those sludgey lumps in there but as I said I'm not sure if it's because my water pump itself is filthy or if that's a sign of something else?

Any ideas would be much appreciated. No other head gasket signs such as white smoke from the exhaust and the car never really struggles.. Sometimes when I turn it on when it's cold (and I mean very rarely but I have noticed it) it sounds like there's not enough power to turn the car on as if it's about to stall but it does eventually pick up and turn on.

Will attach images of the stuff I found last night to give people a better idea :)

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Think I've got the water pump thing confused after googling it.. I mean the water reservoir thing that you top your water up in.. lol sorry I'm crap at all this car stuff!!

·
Banned
90 Posts
Head Gasket

Personally, i'd drain the coolant, clean out the coolant reservior, flush the hoses trough in both directions including the heater matrix ones, change the coolant/water, then do an oil and filter change using 10w/40 fully synthetic..also take the breather hoses off and clean out the mayo gunk from inside them..as you said you have no blue smoke and the mayo is probably down to short trips, give the car a good run after cleaning the oil cap..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.