All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
why do you lot keep posting this ******** up? we have had so many threads about "increased perfromance" products off ebay an there all ****

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Take no notice Lyds. The whole point is to find out more info before you take the plunge and buy it.
It's basically just a fancy version of the resistor mod. Will do nothing but increase fuelling and possible destroy your engine in the long run.

Avoid anything along similar lines off ebay. Stick with tried and tested mods that you can get plenty of feedback for.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i wasnt having a go i was just simply saying we have had similer stuff on here before an its all crap!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
think that was a bit harsh dearing - this is meant to be a friendly place.

I don't have much knowledge in the performance area but going on what it is and how cheap it is I don't think it will be up to much. There are others on here with better knowledge than me so hopefully one of them will answer :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take no notice Lyds. The whole point is to find out more info before you take the plunge and buy it.
It's basically just a fancy version of the resistor mod. Will do nothing but increase fuelling and possible destroy your engine in the long run.

Avoid anything along similar lines off ebay. Stick with tried and tested mods that you can get plenty of feedback for.
Yep thanks. I thought it looked a bit crap for a fiver! Increased fuelling means compensating for something else in the long run. Not good. How much do u reckon it would cost to have the engine chip re-programmed? Would it even make a difference to a 1.2?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
i wasnt having a go i was just simply saying we have had similer stuff on here before an its all crap!
its cool man i know what you mean - still mates? :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yep thanks. I thought it looked a bit crap for a fiver! Increased fuelling means compensating for something else in the long run. Not good. How much do u reckon it would cost to have the engine chip re-programmed? Would it even make a difference to a 1.2?
No it's not worth it in the slightest on a 1.2.
Deathsycthe posted some god ideas for mods not so long ago. Failing that your next step is an engine transplant.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
course were still mates, im not trying to upset everyone on purpose dont know why im bein stressy latrly but nevermind just ignore me:D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well I'd rather see people spent £15 on a vari-booster than £200 on a Pipercross induction kit :laugh: £200 for a gain of around 6bhp seems crazy to me and it usually makes things worse to boot (flatspots).

·
Banned
56 Posts
An ECU remap with the right mods could see 15bhp but for the money ....roughly £400 it's not an amazing pound for power ratio though.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
better just buying a 1400 8v engine instead of tuning the 1200 cause its never going to be fast, you might get it to sound better and use more petrol but that will be about it

d

·
Registered
393 Posts
right ok (sorry i was watching blade trinity all night, nice).

from the ghist of that ebay page, its just the same as one of these 'resistor-chip' mods, which plug into the mass air flow sensor and adjust the fueling / ignition through that, but with a variable resistor. it has all the same problems as a fixed resistor, its just that you can vary how much the problems are.

now, earlier 8v engines (non-Ecotec) use an 'on-the-fly' ecu fuel / ignition system, which means that there are no fuel maps except for the default standard setting, which the ecu will constantly improve on as you drive it (this is so it'll run pretty much no matter where you drive it, on high hills etc. with no problems). the ecu is constantly tuning the fueling and ignition for the ideal running conditions, so long as its sensors and the fuel system are in good working order.

in short, anything you try to do by manually adjusting any of the fueling, ignition or try to remap the ecu will not work on these earlier 8v's. i managed (through a lot of trial and error) to build a fuel mixture regulator that uses the vacuum system to adjust the fueling side (and therefore ignition etc. as the ecu 'catches up') that works quite well, but the ecu is still constantly adjusting itself to it as it runs, so there's no problem any more.

i've managed to find a digi-camera so i can get some pictures of it to go with my tutorial on how to build one, its an exact thing and needs to be made and hooked up in exactly the same way as the one i've built, but it is cheap and effective on an 8v. its coming soon so be patient folks!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
right ok (sorry i was watching blade trinity all night, nice).

from the ghist of that ebay page, its just the same as one of these 'resistor-chip' mods, which plug into the mass air flow sensor and adjust the fueling / ignition through that, but with a variable resistor. it has all the same problems as a fixed resistor, its just that you can vary how much the problems are.

now, earlier 8v engines (non-Ecotec) use an 'on-the-fly' ecu fuel / ignition system, which means that there are no fuel maps except for the default standard setting, which the ecu will constantly improve on as you drive it (this is so it'll run pretty much no matter where you drive it, on high hills etc. with no problems). the ecu is constantly tuning the fueling and ignition for the ideal running conditions, so long as its sensors and the fuel system are in good working order.

in short, anything you try to do by manually adjusting any of the fueling, ignition or try to remap the ecu will not work on these earlier 8v's. i managed (through a lot of trial and error) to build a fuel mixture regulator that uses the vacuum system to adjust the fueling side (and therefore ignition etc. as the ecu 'catches up') that works quite well, but the ecu is still constantly adjusting itself to it as it runs, so there's no problem any more.

i've managed to find a digi-camera so i can get some pictures of it to go with my tutorial on how to build one, its an exact thing and needs to be made and hooked up in exactly the same way as the one i've built, but it is cheap and effective on an 8v. its coming soon so be patient folks!
I'm so thick when it comes to car mechanics! I more of a cosmetic person, I leave the mechanics to my dad! :D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
That probably why people get caught up and buy these things because they dont actaully know what it is and what it does. Just sounds good and looks genuine.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I had one with a free MaxPower sticker, I got my corsa B from 55BHP to 230BHP. Think I'm lying? Yeah we'll see at the rolling road day...

(Please don't ban me) :laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts