All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they all what they're cracked up to be?
At the moment my car, even in second gear, will judder a little if you suddenly stomp on the gas. Im not sure if this is normal in a small engine but it didnt used to do that in my old car :confused:
So would one of those FSE Power Boost Valves solve this and add better throttle response like theyre supposed to?

thanks,
chris.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
They work, but you need to know how to set them up otherwise you would just mess the fuelling up. They dont simply bolt on and get instant BHP.

You would notice a better difference if you had other mods. Such as an uprated cam, induction kit etc, then you can alter the fuelling to get the best performance out of those mods.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thats great thanks. i'll just have to settle for a new fuel filter and hope that sorts it out :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
You can bog down the car easily when you stomp on the throttle, my car will actually stall if u stamp on gas and back off quickly. fuel filter is a good call mine needs to be done as its so clogged up im gettin fuel starvation :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i say stomp i dont mean litterally, i mean gradually press down to full throttle. its ok untill about half way when it starts to judder :confused:
well i'll replace the fuel filter anyway and update when i have.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
when i say stomp i dont mean litterally, i mean gradually press down to full throttle. its ok untill about half way when it starts to judder :confused:
well i'll replace the fuel filter anyway and update when i have.
Oh ok if filter doesnt sort it, its Possible its either AFM, timing, spark plugs, lol just thought id say

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Air Flow Meter, tells the ECU how much air has been sucked in, common fault on corsas, it just after the airbox.

·
Registered
611 Posts
i dont have an AFM :laugh:
but another thing to check is the HT leads. my car was doing the stuttering thing at one point, changed the leads and all was fine. also check the rotar arm and distributor ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont have an AFM :laugh:
but another thing to check is the HT leads. my car was doing the stuttering thing at one point, changed the leads and all was fine. also check the rotar arm and distributor ;)
its got DIS packs (Distributorless Ignition System) so there are no HT leads. Is there any way to check the air flow/mass meter?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
DIS have HT leads otherwise you wont be able to send electricity to the spark plug :laugh:

Kenny not all engines have an AFM, mine doesnt, think none of the 8v have :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
When you gonna get a video up of these bangs and flames, i have to see it to believe it :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts