All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im sure this has been covered on here before but ill ask anyway.

Well for my ICE im running two amps to power my sub and one amp to power my 6x9's, its all wired up using 0 gauge wiring, until it get to the back where its split down into 8 gauge running to the seperate amplifiers. But thats not the problem, just background to it.

The problem is that when the bass hits and ive got the music turned up loud all the lights dim as the bass kicks.

What is the best option to solve this problem, i know its either going to be a power cap, or a seperate battery and a split charge system, which would be best, which is gonna work etc... any help would be great

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi

mate what battery you running on if it is standard change to a heavy duty battery, if your problem persists then go for a power cap as your system isnt really big enough to go for a split charge system but im curious how big are your amps, speakers and subs.

im running,

800watts speakers (parcelshelf)
600watts speakers (rear door cards)
2 1000watts subs (boot)
2 1000watts amps (boot)

one amp for subs and one for other speakers and i have no probs at all.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well my system is:

120watts speakers (front doors)
330watts 6x9's (parcel shelf)
1000watts sub (boot)
2 x 500watts amps (boot)
600watts amp (boot)

the 2 500watts amps power the sub and the other amp powers the 6x9's, im running all this off the standard battery, so might pop to halfords and get a heavy duty one. Anyone know what sort i should be looking for??

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi

mate go and get a heavy duty battery, your system looks ok and doesnt seem like your are overloading your electrics so that should remedy it. just a quicky though are you running a dedicated live to your amp from the battery or have you hijacked a live from a different source in your car, if it is the latter try a dedicated live to your amp first before getting a new battery.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok looks like time to get a new battery

Ive got a dedicated 0 gauge wired live feed from the battery, would be too much to hijack i think LOL

·
Registered
224 Posts
yep time to go to halfords
:rolleyes: i think they are 52 quid as looked at them last week because i want more speakers and thought i would upgrade my battery to, but took one look and thought of a diff mod for now, more speakers can wait

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
£52 ouch (im a uni student).

One of my old mates had a yellow top battery and a split charge system for sale from his old car, might see how much he wants for that next time i see him.

In the meantime im gonna take the original battery out and charge it next time I go back home, see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
322 Posts
new heavy duty battery, if this doesnt solve it, upgrade the big three. i.e battery live to alternator, battery negative to alternator and battery negative to chassy. use 0awg and that will sort your problem. would stay away from powercaps though!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah i agree with Daz here, stay AWAY from power caps they are useless, upgrade TB3 to 0AWG with a heavy duty deep cycle battery and you shouldnt have any problems, if the problem still persists either go for a split charge system or upgrade your alternator.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts