All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i was just wondering if there was any was to wire my sony gt-300 headunit so that i could turn on the stereo when the key is out?ive got a corsa b and i havnt seen any corsa b's with that feature.its standard on corsa c with the standard stereo.any ideas??

·
Registered
389 Posts
dont think its possible maybe if you brake the power wires in the back of the headunit and feed it directly to the battery otherwise i'm clueless

·
Registered
18 Posts
dont mean to be rude or anything mate, but why on earth would you wanna power up the sound system without the engine running anyways, is this not avoiding the possibility of running the battery flat as i would imagine the new head unit probably consumes more power than the standard one....

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Mine does it, even with the key out and car locked etc, strange...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Best thing to do is just turn the ignition all the way on so all your dash lights come on, then turn off again but leave the key in.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My old corsas standard head unit worked without the key in the ignition, but when I got an aftermarket head unit it didn't. With my current car if you turn the key on, then back to the off position but leave the key in, the head unit will still work, is it meant to do that Lee? Just you mentioned it and you have the same model as me so I assume it's a feature of our cars?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
My old corsas standard head unit worked without the key in the ignition, but when I got an aftermarket head unit it didn't. With my current car if you turn the key on, then back to the off position but leave the key in, the head unit will still work, is it meant to do that Lee? Just you mentioned it and you have the same model as me so I assume it's a feature of our cars?
Yep that's exactly what I mean. It's all I do if I want to listen to the radio without the engine running.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if i not mistaken i think they run for about an hour if you power em up with no key in, like a power save mode so to say..

·
Registered
18 Posts
sorry about the double posts people, pc went a bit tits up there for a mo..

·
Registered
447 Posts
Cut the ignition wire from your ISO, this will allow u to use your stereo without the key
nearly...

the yellow wire is igntion live, the red wire is a perminant supply. (on the ISO for coras c's and some b's you have to swap them)

You can have your headunit turning on with out using the key. BUT it means everytime you turn the car on, you'll have to turn the stero on seperatly. Like wise, when the car is turned off, you'll have to turn the stero off manually (or just remove the fascia and it will cut power to it).

to do this, you simpley take the igntion live lead (yellow) and run a direct line from your battery to your headunit. 15amp rated wire is fine, and i'd put a 10 amp fuse in there (no more than 8" away from the battery) just to be safe :thumbs_up:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts