All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
probably ebay you can pick them up very cheap on there but you dont need them to be honest you are better off upgrading your wiring and battery

·
Registered
47 Posts
what tse said, you dont need one - they are a waste of money. Upgrade your battery/wiring! I read a very good website on them on how useless they are, ill try and find it..

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I wouldnt really bother with one mate, just upgrade TB3, just have a search on the net for upgrading the big 3, get a more powerful battery and you will be fine, what system you running?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I think he may mean a powercap for an engine seeing as it's in the mechanical help section. Either that or it's another case of posting in the wrong section.

·
Registered
521 Posts
to be honest i didnt look at the section if this is the case you can get them off ebay for under a 100 quid. Are they worth having?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I think the are on the Redtops.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
im thinking he means for the engine cause alot of his questions are aimed arround a xe conversion in his tigra, powercaps are arround £100 wherever you go, but you can always go for an ecotec pipe rather then the powercap, doesnt look as pretty but does the job :)

d

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a powercap for a redtop!

Stevie over at Semtech said that i was best to have one inplace of the original sfi box so that the bulkhead did'nt need to be cut

Got hold of an engine but it does'nt have either of the two so i just thought i would try and source a powercap!

So all i need is a powercap and a p/s bracket and i can finally start on getting it all put into my tigra

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
See chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk,

You get a discount if you're a Gold Member :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
13 Posts
as far as i know you do still have to grind some of the bulkhead to fit the powercap, and most people say that it does fook all for performance. Your best of getting an ecotec pipe, no modding of the bulkhead required that way.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
yeah you do i have the manzel power cap on mines and ive had to trim the bulkhead, best way to get arround thats buy an ecotec pipe and adaptor

d

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ive got the adaptor here you can have it for £10 and the pipe itself can be taken off any 1600/1800 ecotec vectra and would cost you about £5 from a scrappy or i believe £17 from vauxhall

d

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ecxellent,i will sort out picking it up from you when im back onshore!

Dont suppose you have any pics of what the pipe looks like do you?

Also,i take it i will need to get a new gasket as well

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
the gaskets a solid reinforced paper one they rarely need changing, ill keep it buy for you and ill get a pic of the pipe for you no problem

d

1 - 18 of 18 Posts