All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want some pressed plates but i can only find the oldschool ones. does anybody know of a decent site i can find some modern pressed plates from please :shocked:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Legaly you can run metal plates with uk font and correct spacing but they need to be marked up with manufacturers details

This is the same for plastic plates aswell, you can buy a set that are completly the same as a legal pair, correct font and spacing but if they do not have a manufacturers mark then they are still classed as show plates.

To get this done legaly you need to hand over your documents and proof of ID IN PERSON.... much like at Halfords etc and then these details are all sent to the DVLA.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
email from Paul at Dubmeister

These are the facts:

1. To supply a legal plate you have to be a registered plate supplier with the DVLA - we are.
2. The plate has to be marked with the plate maker and supplier's details as required by DVLA.
3. The plate has to comply to BSAU 145d.
4. Documents to show ID of the buyer and the vehicle have to be taken:

Proof of Identity (one from the following)
Driving Licence (preferred) - any Country
Bank/Building Society Statement
Electricity, Gas, Water Bill or Landline telephone, Council Tax bill
Passport - any Country
Credit/Debit card issued by a Bank or Building Society only
Police Warrant Card
Armed Forces Identity Card
National Identity Card
Proof of Entitlement (one from the following)
Registration Document (V5C) preferred
Tear off slip from V5C (V5C/2)
Authorisation Certificate (V948)
Certificate of Entitlement to a Mark (V750)
Cherished Transfer Retention Document (V778)
Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11)
Temporary registration Certificate (V379)
Authorisation slip from DVLA Local Office with official DVLA stamp
Copy of the schedule of vehicles supplied by a hirer/leasing company under the hire contract agreement together with a letter of authority on company headed notepaper. This letter must quote the V5C document reference number.

No mail order/internet company or person is currently set up to comply with the law without original documents being mailed to the manufacturer/supplier of the plate. Copies or sent in details alone are not sufficient.

Pressed plates are not illegal in themselves if they comply with BSAU 145d. That is totally clear.

We will have BSAU 145d pressed plates with UK font (these plates will be marked with the legal details across the
bottom in the same way as normal legal acrylic plates do). There are plenty of suppliers of illegal acrylic plates by the way, UK font or no, and easily spotted by lacking the details required by the law at the bottom.

We are setting up the means to take sight of the legal documents and will be able to do this by mail order once this is in place. We will probably be the first in the UK to do this. We've spoken to the DVLA and the means we are going to use will be acceptable and 100% legal. We'd hoped to have this ready for Inters but the plates won't be ready in time. We will be able to take orders for these at the show, as long as you have your documents with you (see list above). These legal pressed plates will also be available via your local legal plate supplier if they buy trade from us or from our premises near Bristol. We've done this because we believe the future of plates for road use will only get tighter and we want to be out there making plates that can be used day by day without worry.

Cheers
Paul (owner Dubmeister)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Well i have to say ive got Euro style pressed plates on mine, which i guess according to this are not road legal but ive been past lots of cops and never been pulled or even noticed :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm actually tempted to even get the German spacing on mine.

They use "XX:XX XXX"

Which is possible with one of the plate suppliers I've found but only for 40odd quid, minus postage.

(Yeah I know it would be completly illegal and I'm hoping to go back to working for the Police again, oh well!!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts