All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went outside to start up the car (first time in like 2 weeks i think)
and it started fine..
got in the car later and went to reverse out of my parking space.. put the car into gear, put down handbrake, slowly lifted clutch..
all that happened was the back rose.. and didnt go anywhere..
the car will not budge..
any ideas how to fix this? as i cant drive my piece of sh!t car as it wont budge! :(

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Your shoes have stuck to the drum, my do it after a couple of days but it isnt as bad. Take the wheel off a give the drums a bit of a whack with a mallet or something to try and dislodge them. Dont get too carried away though lol.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Lol i cant see how u will manage to do it without the wheels off, anyone got any other suggestions lol

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Wouldnt get it really, you'd just hit the the backplate which wont do anything lol, and i doubt the mallet would fit between the inner part of the wheel and the drum.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mine Does this if the car is stood for afew days all I do it drive forward to release them and then reverse out. It works every time.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why would the spigot rings break up?
The inner diameter was wrong, so me and my dad had to sand some off and rubber mallet them on properly.. so now i think if we remove the wheels the spigott rings will just die lol

Mine Does this if the car is stood for afew days all I do it drive forward to release them and then reverse out. It works every time.
I will try this, anything is worth a try.. trying to get a rubber mallet as i can get to the drum without taking the wheel off (through the gaps in the alloy) so will give it couple of light hits and then try :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Course it will harm the clutch! iv seen one go through a gearbox doing that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
launch it josh mate, foot to the floor, bang it offf the limiter waaa papapapappa bang let the clutch go! haha

·
Registered
611 Posts
well, if you do that, you're either gonna bugger ur clutch or ur brake shoes. neither of which will be cheap to fix

its happened to me once, didnt have a jack...
if the car is level, get a screwdriver and a hammer and put it through the holes in the wheels and give it gentle taps all the way round... if the car is on a slope, get a friend to sit in the car with the foot brake on just in case

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well, if you do that, you're either gonna bugger ur clutch or ur brake shoes. neither of which will be cheap to fix

its happened to me once, didnt have a jack...
if the car is level, get a screwdriver and a hammer and put it through the holes in the wheels and give it gentle taps all the way round... if the car is on a slope, get a friend to sit in the car with the foot brake on just in case
yeah i have a small hammer that i can use the side of.. just need bricks or someone to make sure it doesnt move..
Dont worry im not going to bugger up my clutch by doing that other thing....

·
Registered
611 Posts
another option instead of bricks is to leave the car in first gear ;)

i usually use first gear with the handbrake just on a click or 2 if its level, unless its on a fair slope and i'll use the handbrake. stops things like this happening :cool: taking the wheel off might be the only option tho tbh, pain in the ass yeah, but if it comes down to it, 10mins of farting about is worth having ur car back:thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts