All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to say hello to everyone,I`m new on this territory:) I recently bought the new opel corsa 1..3 CDTI 75 hp and i`ve been experiencing some problems:the engine dies,while waiting at the lights..in traffic...i can turn it right back on,but the problem keeps repeating itself,once a week or so..(before the engine dies i noticed the red light of the alternator is on).i have to say i`m not the only one experiencing this problem..only the diesel engines have this issue,the 1.3 CDTI 75hp and 90hp...heeeeeeeeeeelp wanted!!!thx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
its new, its under warranty... go see your garage ;)
been there,done that :cool: no errors no nothing...they say that the`ve heard about the problem,but don`t have have a clue what could cause it,possibly the software..a friend of mine had his software restarted,but the prob wasn`t solved :shocked:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sound to me like you alternater. if the car runs fine when going along but when you stop theres a dicrease in charge it will stool. go to your local garage and get the to get a fault finder diagnostic tools on it.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Actually remeber reading about this somewhere, but cant remember what it said. Having a look to see if I can find it again for you, however with it been under warranty tell them to either fix it or give you a new car. See what happens then.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Actually it looks like vaux dont know what the problem is themselves, however they are trying to fix it by changing the ECU and exhaust sensors so take it to your garage and mention it to them.
Does look like it is an ECU problem though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
our country is ``short`` on corsa D right now..and they do not apply this policy anyway around here(it would have been nice though),so they won`t give me a new one :mad: they scanned up and down,and it came out with zero errors..as I said im not the only one in this situation..i could name 3-4 more persons with this problem..i joined your forum,hoping I would find an answer here(maybe u have smarter engineers :p ) here in romania,u have to wait 6-7 months for this car...the car dealers don`t take corsa orders for this year..so u get the picture :shocked: the car runs just fine,it`s just this problem that bugs me(and other ppl)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Actually it looks like vaux dont know what the problem is themselves, however they are trying to fix it by changing the ECU and exhaust sensors so take it to your garage and mention it to them.
Does look like it is an ECU problem though.
what is this ECU?please excuse my ignorance:shocked:
thx very much

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Sound to me like you alternater. if the car runs fine when going along but when you stop theres a dicrease in charge it will stool. go to your local garage and get the to get a fault finder diagnostic tools on it.
It wont be the alternator as you wouldnt be able to start the engine back up! plus its a diesel, diesels dont have spark plugs therefore dont need as much electrical power.

what is this ECU?please excuse my ignorance:shocked:
thx very much
ECU is the Electronic Control Unit , its the engine management system on the car. :thumbs_up:

It seems more like an idle control problem, although its confusing that it only happens now and then and the diagnosis doesnt pick it up. I would say perhaps its a dodgy connection but as you said its happening to other owners and they cant all have dodgy connections. Seems confusing, opel wont replace anything unless they can identify what it is. tut tut opel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
today it died 3 timezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...this is really bugging me....it seems like i wasted 13.000 euros on a junk?!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did you buy the car with a warranty? if you did threaten legal action (if laws permit)
legal action for opel maybe,the dealer has no fault; there are many ppl in the same situation ,different cars(but all on diesel)from different dealers..vauxhall/opel does nothing,he`s to blame!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I talked tot he engineer responsible with electronics and he will write a letter to GM to try to find an explanation for this..aren`t on this forum any corsa D owners with this problem???that eventually got an answer of whatsoever??I repeat this happens only to diesel engines

·
Registered
103 Posts
dont think anyones got a d on here

1 - 20 of 38 Posts