All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with any faults, post them up and lets see if we can sort you out, hopefully save you some money in the process.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lol, there's always one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. Try this for starters ( but suspect it has been solved). My "r" reg 1 litre corsa has been in and out of a local non-Vauxhall garage too much for my bank balance. The EPS light comes on at infrequent periods and then the performance falls off, noticably up hill. Their computer said "No problem " until the week before Xmas when I was told I needed a new oxygen thing-a-me-jig. This was fitted but the problem came back this week when halfway through a 280 mile trip - I have yet to do the return !! I have been told that there are several computer diagnostic software programmes and this plus the lack of experience by their operators can lead you in circles. What do the experts offer as the solution ?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Paperclip test.
See http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/.
and search for fault codes.
It gives you a guide on how to find the problem yourself, see how you get on and if you need more help let us know.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aye, if there are any fault codes produced, post them up and it'll help us out a fair bit.
if there was a fault with the Oxygen (Lambda) sensor, there should have been one of these codes : 13, 44 or 45 with 12 before and after the sequence has started.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got home with no problems !! Forgot to say that the engine mgmnt light also came on intermittently. Worked it out that this was load related - heavy load and on came the light. My friendly local could not solve this - would have to loan his mobile mech mate's computer !! Thought - to hell. I'll bite the bullet and go to the main dealer [Reg Vardy]. They diagnosed "Sensor circ volt low. Replace mass air flow meter" quote. Bit the bullet again, took out second mortgage and had them replace it two days ago. So far so good.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah it is a common fault for them, ive heard euro car parts from round here do them for just under £40. best to keep an eye one it, its one of the triangle faulty parts - Oxygen sensor, EGR valve and MAF sensor, a fault with one can cause other faults with the others.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
so.. erm mark where is this fuel enrichment regulator mod you said bout ;) lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deathscythe, Vardy's MSF was £97 plus VAT !!!!!!!!!!! But - so far so good. By the way, the original paintwork was that rapid-fade red which Vauxhall used. Had it resprayed last year with current red, what joy, the colour has lasted with no fade. The car is always outdoors.

·
Registered
273 Posts
about october last year my indicators never worked but then all of a sudden they started to work again! my thoughts were theres water somewhere!

now my high beem randomly turns on :S

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi first time I have a corsa b v reg auto 1.2 16v for the last year after 10 mins of driving eml light comes on take foot of goes out mainly comes on when going up hill or at 50 to 60 had diagnostics done was lamba sensor had it done still same also ghanged air mass filter cleaned all vacume pipes check for vacume leaks still the same can some help as I have ran out of ideas and its also seems to use a lot of fuel any help would be greatfull thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts