All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Flame Red 1.2 Corsa B Project

Hi I thought, even though I'm not going to go crazy with mods on my car - just going to personalise it a little bit, I would post up my "project". Now, do expect this thread to go veeeery slow as I only have time to do anything to it when I am off college so this week there should be (fingers crossed) a few updates. Anyway…

1997 Corsa Vegas 1.2 8v - Flame Red

To do… (No order)

Exterior;
- Dezent V 15" Alloys - DONE AND GONE
- Smoked side repeaters - DONE
- GSI boot spoiler - DONE
- Restore paint work - DONE
- Allcorsa.co.uk stickers (Rear side windows) - DONE
- De-badge boot - DONE
- Drill and derestrict airbox - DONE
- Remus backbox - DONE
- Vectra SRi alloys - DONE
- Lower 40mm - DONE
- Punto rear wiper - DONE
- Colour code bootlock - DONE
- GSi interior - HALF DONE - FRONTS ONLY
- GSi kit - HALF DONE - BUMPERS ONLY
- Red wing mirrors
- De-rubstrip
- Partial Respray

Interior;
- New gear gaiter - DONE
- Cigarette lighter - DONE
- Boot light - DONE
- Replace broken sun visor clips - DONE
- New head unit - DONE
- Fit rear speakers - DONE
- Replace drivers side roof handle - DONE
- Red dash lighting - DONE

Other;
- La Cucaracha novelty horn system - DONE

Possible Future Plans;
- Full colour code
- Calibra leathers
- Badboy Bonnet
- Custom sub install
- Black door cards, rooflining, plastics, ABC pillars etc

Any suggestions welcome, keep watching for updates and i will get pictures up of everything i do when i can.

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks like a good base you have to work on there, and i dont see anything bad in your plans either, ill be keeping an eye on this one.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
UPDATE

As you can see from the original post that I have been updating, all of the interior stuff I wanted to do has been done so I thought I would post up some pictures of the head unit and the cig lighter as the other interior things aren't that important. Today I also de-badged the boot so I took some pictures of that too but please excuse the disgusting state of my bumper :p

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
UPDATE

Put the rims on last weekend but only got round to cleaning it this weekend so thought I would take some pictures and update you all. Also, GSI spoiler is in the post and on its way and I have just ordering smoked side repeaters :D

Excuse the duck tape on the DS headlight, it has a crack in it and I haven't got round to fitting the new one.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE

Side repeaters arrived today so I put them on this evening, the pictures aren't great but I will put them up anyway and get some better ones at the weekend. Excuse how dirty it is, I only cleaned it Sunday and it's already in this state :confused:

Anyone got any comments on the car so far?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE

Spoiler arrived a few days ago, a good few weeks late :mad: but exactly as described, it's in mint condition (especially for red). Will be on the car fairly soon though all work has pretty much come to a halt on my car as my mums BMer decided to throw a large piece of metal from the inlet manifold into the top of the head which knocked out the rockers which then smashed everything up! So dad has been fixing that but its looking almost finished now.

Also, horns and the compressor are all on their mount and all piped up, it took a while to do but now the whole thing can be taken out of the car by 3 wing bolts and by just disconnecting the two wires going to the compressor. Now it just needs to be dropped into the car and all wired up and they are ready to go.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would love to hear what those horns sound like lol..
When they are in the car I will take some more pictures and a few videos and put them up in here.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE

Wow, haven't updated this in a while! Well still not much has happened with my car I suppose, horns still aren't in and spoiler still isn't on. Mums car was finally finished, took it for its MOT today and the radiator fan wasn't connected and the car overheated on the ramp, not sure on the extent of the damage (if any) yet so might be a week or two before work is back onto my car.

However, today I went up the scrappy and got myself a new airbox, drilled it when I got home and fitted it to the car. Sounds awesome! Hit about 3500/4000 revs and it roars :D Defiantly recommend Lee's tutorial on it!

Also last weekend, when showing a mate the extend of the damage to my rear p/s wheel arch from where some woman crashed into the previous owner, I pulled it completely off and broke it :mad: but underneath there was a lot of rust so I took a grinder and some rust remover too it, got it clean, hammered it, primed and painted and looking like new again with a new wheel arch.

Pictures below

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looking good mate, are you going to lower it any?
I was going to but I can't. The wheels scrub with 4 people in the car as it is :(

Dan :)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I never have 4 people in my car, just tell them car to low and they have to walk:D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never have 4 people in my car, just tell them car to low and they have to walk:D
Haha could do, but insurance is another killer to me lowering it, I'm struggling to afford it as it is :(

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not really an update, I will do a proper one once they have arrived and are on the car etc but I have a Remus dual pipe backbox on the way, only cost me £26 :D Below is the only picture I have of it at the moment.

I also have a full red LED kit for the dash lights on the way too and as there isn't a tutorial specifically for the MFD, I might put one up. And here is a picture of my Corsa and my mates Polo.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
UPDATE

LED dash kit came today so I fitted those (pictures below). Backbox is on the way so should be on at the weekend or next week.

Also, I'm off for study leave so fingers crossed there will be a few updates over the next few weeks :)

Comments so far? :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
looks good, not a fan of coloured dash LED's though, maybe because ive had 2 sets and they have both stopped working after a few weeks :)

1 - 20 of 230 Posts