All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 932 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right i got my corsa at the begining of may of my mate. When i got it the paint work wasnt at the best, but abit of polishing brought it up a treat.
Thought id add its done 93K miles and the engine runs sweet.

When i got it, i didnt really have any ideas of what to do. So i started by removing the "spin" stickers from the side. And had a wheel trim missing so bought a new set form the car boot for £10. lol
Also the arches were grey and faded, but used some flash dash from halfords and it looks sweet.

How it was with stickers on side and old trims.

Then attacked the stickers with a hairdryer :laugh:. and changed the wheel trims.

Then bought some Vauxhall mud flaps of eBay and fitted them straight away. Only took about 5mins.

Thats what ive done so far.

Things to be done in the next few days
Clear side repeaters. Done
Fully de-badge rear.Done
Neon bulbs for interior light and rear number plate light.Done

Not sure about this.
Removing side strips. Im in two minds whether to do it.:confused: Done

Future Plans
Post 97 bumber and slatted grill Done
Paint all plastics BlackDone
Also maybe some Astra 15" wheels or similar. Done
New back box.
Smooth bumpers.
Marea wiper or Punto wiper. Done

Any other mods you would recomend.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
gsi spoiler ?
lowered?

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah was thinkin about the spolier but i couldnt really get it sprayed easily.So its a maybe.

But lowering iwas thinking around 40mm all round. dont want it to low.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is i cant find my car colour anywhere. Ive tried local motor shops and halfords. Its something like technicks violet or silk violet. then again when i tried there wasnt much stock. ill try again.

·
Registered
379 Posts
bump strips is up to you, depends what look your after!
i think if your keeping your plastics black keep the bump strip! that my opinion :)
Ace car btw!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
yeah id lower it and put some standard wheels like cesaro's or something on it mate! sweet base project though :D

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Its been dry today so i got to work de-badgeing.

It took minutes which i thought it would take longer.

Also thought my clear side reps would have come today but havent:(

·
Banned
346 Posts
Bargain for £250 mate

GSI Rear Spoiler, Big Bore, Some 15" Alloys, Lower it 40-60mm, Gloss Black all the plastics and you have got a sweet looking car there

To get an excact colour match, go to Vauxhall them selfs not for the paint just for the colour code then go else where to get the paint!

P.S keep the bump strips, you dont know whats lurking behind them when you take them off and may cost a furtune for a respray if the paints buggered underneath!

Also how your onna bout getting some 15" astra alloys, thats what ive got on my car "15" Astra Sport Alloys" paided £25 for them and to get a rough idea on what they will look like on your car heres a picture off my car with them on, me personnaly think the suit the car just nice

·
Banned
3,436 Posts
how does the boot lock surround come off?

yeah im looking for some 15" alloys, then gonna lower 40mm.
Open the boot and take the carpet crap off the bootlid inside, you'll then see the 3 bolts that keep the surround in place, loosen them, take the surround off, sandy sand, spray, re-attach.. winnnerrrrr. :cool:

·
Registered
860 Posts
smoked ones might have looked better if you are keeping the bump strip and not colour coding the arches

1 - 20 of 932 Posts