1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
プロジェクト大阪
Project Osaka

[Summer 2009]
Well ive finally got to the stage where i think its worth starting a project log, so here it is. Oh btw even though its Project Osaka there will be no really gash japanese style body kits!:thumbs_up:

Anyway, I got a 1.2 8v Corsa b for 250pounds, it had been mechanically well looked after, regular services etc so even though it has almost 110,000 on the clock it runs very well. The body work really let it down, its a L reg so it had seen better days. Huge dent in the near side quarter panel and keyed all down the offside quater. Also it had a few cracks in the door frame and rust spots here and there. :shocked:

Before
This is the only picture i have of the car before i started doing stuff to it,id just got my tigra alloys here.

At my uncles work shop
I dont have any photos of before we started work, so the first ones
are when its just been flatted down.

After shes resprayed and all put back togeather

Big thankyou to my uncle for use of his workshop, tools and equipment and to my old man, first time he has sprayed a car for 15 years! He said its like riding a bike you never forget how haha.

[Now]
The plan at the moment is finish the out and inside to a level im happy with and then hopefully a engine change.

Things done so far:
-Glove Box
-Sun visor with mirror
-'Omg' handles inside
-Debadged
-Replaced Universal mudflaps with real corsa ones
-Pipercross panel filter and drilled airbox
-Post 97 front bumper
-Post 97 boot lock surround
-Badgeless grill
-Vauxhall tigra 15" wheels
-New center caps for wheels
-4 new 195/50 tyres (wish i had got 195/45 now....)
-Full interior blue LED kit
-ICE = Pioneer front speakers, Infinity 6x9s, JVC headunit (random i know lol)
-Vauxhall wind deflectors
-GM spoiler
-Full colour code respray in black,dents filled,cracks welded. Underside all sealed up
-Sprayed brake calipers red, drums black
-Refurbed wheels
-Lowered 40/60 with uprated shocks & springs
-Repsrayed some interior parts white
-Richbrook door pins
-Tigra clocks with rev counter
-Sebring Oval Backbox
-Smoked Side repeaters
-Gsi front brake conversion
-SRI front seats and door cards
-Steinmetz (maybe a rep) Splitter

Things to do:
-New cig lighter (mine is porked)
-Shorter radio aerial
-Steinmetz skirts
-Anti roll bars/strut braces
-Finish SRI interior
-Low profile tyres
-Black angel eyes
-New headunit
-Badboy bonnet with astra gsi vent (think thats the right one)
-LAST Engine conversion, 1.6 16v

And thats about it i guess. :]:thumbs_up:​

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Whos dog is that in the 4th picture from the bottom???? lol

Back to topic, your car looks lush, black was a really good choice of colour.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL thats my uncles dog, poor thing its like a wooly mamoth and it was like 25degrees outside so it nearly died i think hahaha,so i got the hose pipe out and gave it a soaking haha.

Thanks for the comment btw!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah pretty good :] you gotta remember it didnt come in the state you see it in on the first pictures, i just forgot to take some before haha

·
Registered
82 Posts
yeah looks cool! :) i'm concerned, do you have to get any permit or to tell someone that you're respraying your car different color?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah you just send off your log book to DVLA, sorted :]

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Nice progress. It's got a right shine to it aswell.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks chaps! My fingers no longer have prints on them due to flatting and buffing haha

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
yeah youve done a mint job on it mate, look forward to seeing the rest of it

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks ben!

Guys, is it ok to replace your spare wheel with a space saver even though that did not come with the car as standard. Im not really sure on the rules with space savers :/

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
isn't a space saver one of those really small pointless wheels that cant go over like 35mph?
Legally you dont have to have a spare wheel, but if you have one, it has to be road legal.
Personally I would just stick with the origional spare wheel that you got :)
There's no rules about replacing your spare with a space saver :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thankyou for the information :] well my reasoning behind it was, my spare now is a 13" steely. When i got my alloys i only got 4, so if i were to get a flatty id be getting it repared asap anyway so i thought maybe i could save some space and loose some dead weight with the space saver. But i dont know might just stick with the steely for now.

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
i've stuck with mine too :)
I did take it out before my MoT (which it passed :) ) but my Sub kept falling into the hole that was left :p

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I really do have a new love for my car, yesterday i drove atleast 400 miles,i was stuck on the M25 in traffic, the mfd read 37degrees, brand new cars were cooking over and pulling on the hardshoulder, but my little corsa kept on going! She never skipped a beat! Is it strange to be proud of your car lol?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha *feels like a tard* i think ill go sit in the corner now :p

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cordellia haha i love it mate! btw michael do you have a project thread, i think it was your corsa i saw a picture of, with the spots in the bumper, they looked like slim rectangle shaped ones, just wondering how you did it because they looked rather nice imo! :]

1 - 20 of 335 Posts