All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

As some of you know i have already started a build thread for my c20xe restoration and rebuild project, however this project has just taken another leep yesterday when i managed to get myself this little beast :

Its a 1.2 16v SXI with sports trim and all the trimmings ( AC, Power Steering, electric windows, sun roof ) etc.

Going to go collect it on thursday this week once its being taxed so i can get it home.

Anyway i shall post up more pics when i get her home, she has one thing wrong and thats a nice scratch in the front bumper but i figure i can sort that out.

Its got 41,000 on the clock and has only done 4000 since july 2007 looking at the MOT certs, its also on a X plate so its one of the very last B's off the line :D

Anyway i shall be spending the weekend giving her a clean up and then making a start on removing the engine, I am also ordering just about everything else i need to finish my c20xe, so stay tuned as this is going to be quight a quick moving project :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That's ace for a base project car, that drivers seat does look filthy though.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thank you lee, yeah i was looking all over for a good model car i mean the engine in it is perfect shame its coming out really but ill ebay it and someone might have some use for it.

Anyway i do agree there is a tiny cig burn in the drivers seat too but i am looking at getting VXR seats for it, in which case i wont be too fussed.

Lets just say my weekend will be spent with a VAX & carpet cleaner and getting them seats looking like new :).

Hows your car anyway lee .. still got the B with conversion ?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
lol thank you lee, yeah i was looking all over for a good model car i mean the engine in it is perfect shame its coming out really but ill ebay it and someone might have some use for it.

Anyway i do agree there is a tiny cig burn in the drivers seat too but i am looking at getting VXR seats for it, in which case i wont be too fussed.

Lets just say my weekend will be spent with a VAX & carpet cleaner and getting them seats looking like new :).

Hows your car anyway lee .. still got the B with conversion ?
No I got rid. I drove over a bollard, and because it was so low it snagged the gearbox and ripped it out of the mount. It never went back in properly after that and kept coming loose so I was faced with either spending a few thousand getting it how I wanted it, or buying my dream car. SO I bought my dream car :D
http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/evo-9-fq320-25983.html

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah fair enough mate looks like a very tidy motor.

Im keeping the plans for this one very simple, i was originaly going to strip out and then role cage and carbon fibre pannels however that was if i got the horrible gray interiour, but with this not happening im not destroying a good spec car.

Its getting the c20xe conversion, but its only a standard rebuild for now when i know she is running properley im going to look at doing a few bits of tuning, the only thing i am doing to it is a light weight flywheel and changing the clutch, and iv ordered a power cap, apart from that not doing alot more to it.

Car wise im getting some VXR seats for the front, and then obviously a new exhaust system but keeping that suttle and dont want it to be loud :).

Rest of car thinking of the smoked headlights and a new front grill and just lowering slightly on coilovers ... im going to keep it very similar to my c so i have like a evolution of the two cars :)

Not much more planned apart from upgrading the breaks but am thinking of leaving the standard alloys on ... just not sure about the clearance ... if not might get some more SXI alloys as that should just give me enough ... i hope.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
For your exhaust try elite bodyworks, I got a manifold back powerflow one from them for £220. It was spot on too, well worth the cash.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest mate thats what i thought, so i got DVLA to check out the car and its all come back genuine they faxed me the last recorded MOT with details of owner blanked apart from his name and the last recorded millage was 4000 off what it is now ... and the guy did say its done 4000 since 2007 so its around right.

Ill soon know anyway when i get the car and start working on it, the engine does not consern me anyway :)

Thanks for the heads up though man it was well spotted :thumbs_up:

And lee, thanks for the info on that ill check them out, i need a manifold as i do not have the original one from the car so i am trying to find somewhere that sells them now that chris astley is no longer selling.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Go on the dvla site and you can find out previous mots and mileages :)

anyway nice base. will have EPS aswell so saves hassle of pipework.

Only thing you will find is if you do the normal conversion wiring you wont be able to flash fault codes.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
corsa_power ... how do you mean normal conversion wireing ?? can you explain and maybe tell me of a alternative ?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
On the late SXIs the fault reader plug that you use to flash and fault codes will be missing a pin (pin6 i think it is) which means you cant flash the ECU codes without a code reader. You could wire up your own plug though if it bothered you or make something work im sure.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahh right i see what you mean, in other words its when vauxhall started to use the more advanced code readers, iv seen them for sale on LMF Vauxhall so i will more than likely just buy one or look into modifying the plug, dont suppose you know anywhere there is a guide for doing this do you ?

Thanks for the info mate :)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Not sure if anybody has done it before and personally i havent as had no need to but it wont be that hard of a job to be honest or as you said just use a proper code reader. most garages will have one so just find a friendly one or ask about. Thats if you encounter problems anyway you can think of that after you get it in and going lol

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
eye thats true, well my garage i use for all my MOT's and bits n bobs is sorting my cylinder head out as we speek free of charge, its getting a full going over inc new oil seals and everything becasue i do alot of work for them so its a bit of a traid off lol. He has all latest code readers so i may have to just borrow it.

Iv just made myself a list of everything im going to need to get the corsa converted and uprate breaks and everything ... was just about to order and i thought to myself .. ill hold back ill just buy the mounts and everything first get her in the bay and see if she fires ... only problem being that i dont have a manifold ... so i cant really fire it without that so i am now trying to find someone that makes the manifold forthe c20xe that will fit into a corsa as i have read that a normal 4-1 wont have the correct clearance :(.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
You can just use the standard 421 manifold with the flange cutoff the end and joined/welded to the system on your car now. i have a couple of xe manifold if you are needing one

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is the standard one good enough then ? .. and how much you wanting for one ?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok big update on the way over the next few days, picking up the new car in morning so there will be plenty of pics to show of that and ill be startign work on it too giving her a good clean and inspection all over.

Also ordered just about everything i need for the engine this includes :

Red silicone hose kits,
Lightweight Flywheel
Timing belt kit
Conversion kit
Manifold
Other pulley wheels etc
timing belt backing plate
block to head dowels
new water pump and oil pump bolts
head to exhaust studs
head bolts
flywheel bolts
cam cap bolts

There is other bits still to order and i am still waiting for my head to come back from having its head works done ... but i am well on the way now

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
*Update* - Car Home & Parts arriving

Hi everyone,

right bit of a update, got a fair few deleiverys over the weekend and there is still more on the way ... also got the car home on friday :D here is some pics when i got it home :

All that on the steering wheel turned out to be oil and grime, soon as i gave it a wipe its all gone :)

And here is some of the new engine bits :

Water way pipe ( polished )

Lightweight polished pulley wheel

Timing belt kit

Lightweight Flywheel

Head bolts

Block to head collers

New water pump bolts

Exhaust manifold studs & Cam cap bolts

Flywheel & Clutch bolts

Thats not all the parts i have had deleiverd but not had time to take any more pics, i also have the full conversion kit deleiverd and my silicone hose kits are on the way as there made to order :(

Should be starting the engine strip on friday and getting the bay all cleaned up ready to make a start on the conversion.

Thats all for now folks
Chris

1 - 20 of 249 Posts