1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
プロジェクト東京
Project Tokyo

[Summer 2012]
Hey everyone Im back! :thumbs_up:Not sure if anyone remembers me or Project Osaka. I had a few years away due to real life commitments, one of those being a year in Japan. Sorry for the swift departure without any goodbyes but life sometimes throws these hurlders as us.:( However Im back in the UK and i needed a car! So what else but another little Corsa. But what happend to Project Osaka? Well i drove it hard for a year doing literally hundreds of miles a day, it only let me down once when the alternator died but other than that she did me proud. While i was in Japan she sat in my uncles yard. I saw a few Corsas in Japan which made me miss mine, funny, they are called Opel Vita's there as Toyota Japan have the wrights for the 'Corsa' name. Anyway, there is nothing wrong with the car as such but i wanted something with a bigger engine and i managed to find myself a tidy Corsa Sport 1.6, Its Arden blue which I never imagined myself having but the engine power and electrics are much welcomed after my poverty spec 8v merit. :laugh:

Project Tokyo

Well I dont know what to say really, It came with a Irmcher twin back box
and some dodgy exhaust work:palm:, but i got a full years MOT which was a bonus. Straight away i had it to the garage and got the cam belt,water pump and exhaust all replaced/sorted. This car will be doing some milleage and i wanted peace of mind that it wouldnt go anytime soon. After that came a good service, some general tidying up and tlc. Project Osaka was still sat in my uncles yard looking sorry for itself and acting as storage for my parts so the plan was drive Project Tokyo up north, switch out all the parts from the black corsa to the blue and then leave Project Osaka with my uncle as part of the payment for him doing so much and use of his workshop. :thumbs_up:

Cue the music - At my uncles workshop - Again!
(Actaully i dont have many in progress shots because when we
masked the car up i left the camera inside it :palm:

After the works done

[Now]
Sticking with the white wheels for the mo and i still love the Tigra 5 spokes, I did consider gloss black but i just tried them on as they were and i think they look cracking. Below is the list of whats done and what i want to do, sure im forgetting something but oh well.

Things done so far:

Exterior:
-Steinmetz (maybe a rep) Splitter
-Steinmetz (Genuine) skirts
-Colour coded Arden Blue
-Debadged and debumpstripped
-Badgeless grill
-Vauxhall tigra 15" wheels in White with facelift style centre caps
-Vauxhall wind deflectors
-Smoked Side repeaters
-Sprayed brake calipers and drums black
-Resprayed wiper arms and added aeroflat blades
-Undersealed and hammerited underneath

Interior:
-Glove Box Light
-Passenger Sun visor with mirror (if i didnt get this id be in the bad books with the mrs haha)
-Sill protectors
-Warning sticker haha!
-Richbrook black door pins
-Richbrook Vauxhaul Handbreak handle

Engine,Exhaust,Suspension,ICE:
-De-restricted airbox
-Resprayed rocker cover
-Irmscher Twin Backbox
-Sportex stright through centre section
-Lowered 40/60 with uprated shocks & springs
-ICE = Pioneer front speakers, Infinity 6x9s, Tevion bluetooth headunit (once again odd combination)

Things to do/Wants:

-Steinmetz Grill (why do they have to be so rare? :( )
-Front Strut brace
-Cav or whiteline RARB with poybushes...mmmm
-Bad-boy bonnet
-Yokohama Tyres/ maybe Toyo's?
-Performance Inlet Manifold
-4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold
-2ltr 16V brakes (256 x 24mm) from a astra/calibra/cavalier or turbo brake setup + braided lines would be nice :p
-Twin Pillar Pod with either Temperature, Oil or Volt metre (not sure which yet)
-Black angel eyes
-Smoked rears would be win too i think (fly eye maybe?)
-Id love some blue engine hoses but cant justify the cost
-Fiat Marea or Punto rear wiper arm
-Mudflaps, the ones from Project Osaka didnt fit :(

All comments and suggestions are welcome! Thankyou for reading:thumbs_up:​

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah it didnt die, we stuck a charged battery on it and it started first time which kinda
broke my heart. It was an L, which was pretty much the first year of corsas built so it was epically old. A year in a field hadnt done it much good. It wasnt really rotten but with no tax or mot i didnt want to spend anymore on it when i could just get one with a bigger engine and the spec i wanted. Also as i said above the year of hard driving had taken its toll and i felt it was just time to retire her haha. :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Welcome back. I remember you from PVS '10 I think it was. I have spare trax stand passes btw. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Welcome back dude, your old Corsa was a personal fav of mine

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Welcome back. I remember you from PVS '10 I think it was. I have spare trax stand passes btw. ;)
really? From what I recall he sat in his car the entire day :p

Welcome back mate =]

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
hahaha i may have dozed off a little :shocked: Me and early mornings dont mix!:palm: How much is the Trax shenanigans?

Thanks for all the welcomes btw ^___^

Edit: So would i pay 15quid for the Trax ticket and that includes a stand pass via allcorsa or would I have to pay 18 at the gate
and pinch a pass from Samo?

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
hahaha i may have dozed off a little :shocked: Me and early mornings dont mix!:palm: How much is the Trax shenanigans?

Thanks for all the welcomes btw ^___^

Edit: So would i pay 15quid for the Trax ticket and that includes a stand pass via allcorsa or would I have to pay 18 at the gate
and pinch a pass from Samo?
Deadline has passed for me. buy off website or on gate, and I'll give you stand pass.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Deadline has passed for me. buy off website or on gate, and I'll give you stand pass.
Ok mate! Well Im free on that Sunday so I should be able to come! Ill try and get a ticket online and I'll let you know. :thumbs_up:

Might have to come and see this car since you are down in Norfolk for a bit :)
Yeah ofcourse or I'll see you at the East Anglia meet. :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I forgot to post a picture of the warning sticker :shocked:

And the car because everyone loves pictures ;)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Little Update

Exhuast was hitting the rear beam and doing my head in so i bought some extra strong exhuast mounts and sorted it out. :thumbs_up:

Im going to be rather busy from now until Trax so i gave the car a clean.:)

Also Trax ticket arrived. :cool:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
:eek: Steinmetz kit looks awesome!
Really want some skirts for mine, but they all seem to be bent :(

You got a power box and 4-2-1 yet? ;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts