All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right first off i have a problem, my car keeps cutting out on me during corners or just after corners, or instead of cutting out it will just lose power for a few seconds. not sure why this is happening but its only recently started, after a trip to wales and back.
any help would be great cheers.

and now the rant

only a few months after having my wingmirror kicked off i had it replaced only to find it gets done again on the other side, thinking it was the same person but i was down a different street this time. but i still reckon i know who it was, a tip if you wanna keep your wingmirrors, dont steal peoples girlfriends :(

rant over :)

josh

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
It sounds like maybe a lose wiring, since your engine only cuts out when you are turning corners. Try checking all the earths and the wiring.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Do you have a swirl pot in your petrol tank? Going around a corner at speed could starve the engine of fuel.

·
Registered
224 Posts
wiring prob sounds more probable as lodgey said. check your belts,sparks,throttle body,air filter as well. probably wont be them but i would still check. let us know how you get on fella:D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I reckon its the EGR valve, sounds like the same symptoms as mine. I had to keep a few revs on when at a junction or it would cut out. If it is this, theres basically a build up of carbon has kept your exhaust gas recirculation valve either open or closed and your engine now cant function properly. You either need it cleaned or get a new one. A garage will clean it for you, they did mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts