All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought id get a picture of this instead of trying to explain it so here goes...
Do the 2 circled belong together?
not a clue what they do its the only bit on my car that i dont have a clue about :s
Ive always run it with them dangling free not conected to one another and it seems to run together aswell but lowers the tickover slightly?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does fit on there but ive always run it with the 2 not connected and it makes me wonder if its meant to go on there or not lol

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It obviously nothing major otherwise you would notice it, where does the other end of the tube lead to? Does your car have an aftermarket cone filter on it?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep open air pipercross one and the little tube goes down into the engine bay and somewhere behind the airfilter but i cant see the end of it. Its attached to something lol
I thought sumething to do with the airbox/filter but then what would the item on the big tube connect to?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I would have said it goes together. It does look like a vacuum pipe.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spose il just try running it and see if theres any noticable differences apart from the slightly lowered tickover.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Its a vacuum pipe. They are used to advance the ignition when the airflow increases to make the car run better at higher rpm. I'd stick it back on or blank it off, who knows what is being drawn in if its left like that.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers mate il stick it back on i just didnt want to stick it on and then realise it was for something else lol :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts