1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been round to help old friend from
School (she was very moody cow)

She has
Snapped her rear spring into 3 pieces. Offered to change, but bit confused why car is low on both sides:/

Any ideas?

Plate

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The build quality on these it absolute shite. Changed a few engines and welded a few up over the last few years and the quality of the oe parts are shocking. probably had a few friends in the back went for a bumpy drive and the rear springs just gave in. And if she's been driving round like that for a while its probably knackers the dampers as well.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Weight of rear all loaded onto one spring, also at a different angle, causing it to compress more, hence the extra lowness on the opposite side :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ash, makes sense.

Yeah she just drove about 16 miles like it home. Rusted
To
Funk underneath and just about everywhere tbh

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Shocks will be ok then, the musses had one as her first car and that needs new sills new boot floor and a new rear inner wing to get it through mot one year and them some tart drove into the side of her and wrote it off.. Complete rust buckets. Just change the spring and it will be happy days. Until the next thing breaks....

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure tbh, I was friendly enough to her, not seen her for years and years. Her bf refused to come out so think they probably just had a row who
Was going to stand there whilst I looked.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Ka's rust horrendously, although they generally are easy to work on with a lot of room for spanners etc :)

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
pics of bird?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wouldn't want to put you off your dinner

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wouldn't want to put you off your dinner
That's a shame, because I have a KA theory...

KAs have the highest; "Hot bird to everyone else in the world" ratio of all cars.

It's not scientifically proven, but it keeps me happy when a KA goes past.

+1 on their build quality. Watch out for the power steering failing without any warning to. Maybe that's why they made it a bit of a girly car, they're less likely to check the cars health before buying.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agree with you there, and had this conversation before.

This goes with Mini Cooper and new type Beatle

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah you're right. The mini is probably pulled forward now on numbers :p
Seen as though more and more KAs end up at the scrappy

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I find when ever a bird is driving an evo or scooby she will be hot. Most men will be bald or geeky looking...(I was the exception to this rule).

·
Registered
260 Posts
I find when ever a bird is driving an evo or scooby she will be hot. Most men will be bald or geeky looking...(I was the exception to this rule).
But it's still more men that drive a scooby or an evo. Which still proves the KA ratio theory :laugh:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

Her spring...

She bought wrongspring, so needs take
It back.

Also how the **** does top mount come off the shock :/ just lifts off in corsa's..

Whole car is rotton. Trying to
Find solid jacking point, and EVERYHING starts bending and giving way haha

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's a small retainijg clip
At te top after closer inspection.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts