All Corsa Forum banner

Quick Question - Oil Change

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Clutch 
#1 ·
Hi, I need to change the oil in my Corsa C.

Is this the oil drain nut before I go do something stupid?

Also, where could I get the tool needed to undo it? cheers

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes thats the sump nut, go down to halfords or your local tool store and buy the correct sized star key, you could probably invest in a oil filter removal tool while your there, but it might not be necessary if you can undo it by hand.

#6 ·
As Jim said lol.
Try your local Machine Mart if you have one. You can get a full set of star sockets for under £10.

#7 ·
Ideally you should do it after the engine has been run as the oil will be thinner and easier to drain, although id would let the engine cool down for about 10-15minutes so you dont burn yourself.

Jack the car up on level ground, stick some newspaper or clothes underneath the sump so you dont get it all ova the floor.

Take off the sump nut and take it off carefully as it will start gushing out, let it drain out into a suitable container.

Undo oil filter and carefully remove it as its full of oil.

Clean up any oil and crap around the filter area, the block and the sump.

Get new oil filter, smother the seal with some fresh oil and fit it to the block.

Refit the sump nut nice n tight.

Tip new oil into engine about a litre at a time so it drains through to the sump.

Check the dipstick to see how much you put in.

Refit oil cap, lower car, run engine on idle for approx 10 minutes, do not rev it! turn off engine and check oil level again. Top up as necessary.

Easy as pie :thumbs_up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.