All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You won't get help with a thread title like that.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Is that yours? If so you will know which is positive as you'd have had to solder the LEDs together positive to negative the whole way through... Just stick 12v into it one way, if it doesn't light up its the other way round. You can't break them by doing this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that yours? If so you will know which is positive as you'd have had to solder the LEDs together positive to negative the whole way through... Just stick 12v into it one way, if it doesn't light up its the other way round. You can't break them by doing this.
Yes it's mine. I know where are +/- in diod chain, however, I have no idea which contact plate is + (two dash copper outs). To which I shall solder diod +?

I tried to determine by test wiring - blowed a fuse.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem with lighting persists. When I turn on the lighting (second position on the left switch, the fuse goes off.) I have nothing connected: speedo, vents panel, clock/temp - everything is out dashboard.

What could be the problem? I didn't change the standard circuit.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
meter the two copper tracks and test for continuit y to see if your LED circuit is short. I'm assuming your electrical knowledge is ok if you soldered those together? It should read almost dead short one way, but read the other way will be almost completely open circuit.

Also what do you mean by "second position on the left switch"?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
meter the two copper tracks and test for continuit y to see if your LED circuit is short. I'm assuming your electrical knowledge is ok if you soldered those together? It should read almost dead short one way, but read the other way will be almost completely open circuit.

Also what do you mean by "second position on the left switch"?
I figured it out. Connected a light switch upside-down. This caused the fuse to blow each time.

But, my led wiring is not working anyways. It seems that with 2v,20mA diods and a 12v source I can connect no more than 6 diods continuously because of the resistance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried several diod configuration, until I have found the optimal, that have worked for me:

five diods soldered together and connected to a 12v source. If I try to add some more diods in a chain, the brightness drops.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.