All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a corsa sri and its got a Quickshift when slowing down and need to change to 1st it doest go in smooth you have to ram it in there,anyone ekse got this problem?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I had a similar problem recently. Turned out to be a problem with my clutch cable, it needed adjusting. Where abouts is the biting point of your clutch?

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
depends what speed you are doing when you try to 'get it in' ... if you're going too fast it wont go in, because it shouldn't

·
Registered
801 Posts
Not sure If I'm right but.. you shouldn't be using 1st to engine-brake to slow down?

Sometimes for instance I can't get reverse to clunk in properly, I have to go into 3rd then reverse again, it goes in fine. If it doesn't go in 1st time, double clutch and try again.

But as I said at beginning don't try engine braking in 1st, liable to melt clutch / pop engine.

(Gosh I am posting alot these days....busy at work eh! :laugh:)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mayb i got a peco backbox and its loud but not that loud so i wanna get the rest of the exhaust pipe with no cat.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
when your rolling it "locks" 1st gear so you cant get it in, although if you really want to blow your engine up just blip the throttle and itll go into first. not a very good idea though mate.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Might be on its way out.
nah its not on its way out , i have a new clutch on my car , and my doesnt go in smooth in first sometimes doesnt go in reverse have to select diffrent gears then select reverse i did have a problem with my clutch cable they was no stopper on the end of the thread so it was getting lose and lose i was lucky to spot it and do something about it. I fixed the cable from slipping and it supposed to have 3m of thread =/ and since i sorted it out my clutch bite is proper high ...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts