All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Removing Wheels

1) Find the jacking point underneath your car and then with your carjack begin to jack your car up.

2)Then you put axle stands underneath both sides of the car and when you find a suitable place for them, lower the jack then undo the wheel nuts....

3) Then change wheels over then just line the holes up then put bolts back in the tighten up.

4) Then do same for rear.

Removing Suspension / Refitting Suspension

1) Do points 1 & 2 as above

2) Then loosen these 2 bolts......

3) Then these bolts.....

Then It should come out with force :laugh:

4) Then place your suspension through the 2 holes shown in step 2 and screw the bolts about half way just so it holds it in place.

5) Then line up the 2 holes shown in step 3 and bolt them on really tight.

6) Then get your jack again and place it underneath the brake disc and the slightly jack it up just so it puts tension on the spring, then just fastenen them 2 small bolts tighter then remove jack and then remove the axle stands from the front.

7) Put the kettle on and admire your hard work and wave to your neighbours :laugh:

Back Suspension

1) Jack the back of the car up from the side of the car and place axle stands like so...

2) Then loosen this bolt from BOTH sides.....

3) Then the spring should then be really loose, remove from it from its place.

4) IMPORTANT BIT: Make sure when you put the spring back in its all lined up properly or it might slip out like I witnessed :(

5) Then get your jack and jack the car up from one side and remove the axle stand and place it on the rear axle.

6) Then place your jack your brake drum / brake disc up so you can reline the absorber up and the put the bolt back in that you took out before and tighten, Do the same for the other side.

7) Then put your wheels back on and tighten bolts.

8) Then remove all axle stands and then lower the car.

9) Go round the car once more and tighten up all bolts.

10) Put kettle on again and then just look at your car`s new look :thumbs_up:

:cool:

*I now have some lowering springs for sale now, so if anyone wants some drop us a PM*

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Good tuitorial Liam. I find that the rear springs come off without having to remove the lower bolt from the strut though. They just need a bit of a wiggle.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NOW you tell me :laugh: :laugh:

It will be a lot harder if you dont have a air compresser :p :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Bit of WD40 and a scaffbar/strong arm and you'll have no problems :thumbs_up:.

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
good guide but you should mention that when lowering the rear more than 60mm can lead to brake failure so the bias valve needs adjusting on the rear sub-frame.

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
if your car was fitted with a big engine from new then there will be a spring under the car that adjusts the braking at the rear, so when you have more weight in the back/boot the rear brakes are allowed to do more braking.
if you started with a small engine then this doesn't apply because the bias valves are in the pipes.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
im going to be doing this tomorow any hints and tips? what tools do i need and do i have to have a spring clamp thing or can i do it without one

cheers :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ive also just recieved my suspension kit today and will be fitting soon. After reading this I'm a bit confused as to whether I actually need spring clamps or not? Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
you do to change the front springs! you may not need them to change the rear springs though. if the springs are already on the shocks then you simply swap them over :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The rear springs are seperated from the shocks anyway on the rear arent they :confused:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Cheers fella. Anyone got a pic of what spring clamps look like, because I've had a litte search but the results im getting just arent what I imagined them to look like, so just wondering if I was looking at the right thing.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Cheers JB, are they easy too use? Do you just stick one each side of the spring and turn them or something?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts