All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving today and i heard a massive popping sound. i naturally checked my tyres at the next traffic lights and they seemed to be fine until i realised that my temperature gauge was past the red area.

so i pulled over and opened my bonnet and there was water everywhere with steam coming from the bottom pipe between my engine and the radiator from an inch long split.

when i poured water into my engine coolant bottle, three seconds later it went absolutely everywhere at some force!

is this pipe easy to remove and replace? also where can i get them from? im going to a vauxhall garage tommorow.

here is a pic of the type of pipe...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It won't be that one, that's a turbo to intercooler pipe.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lee, i know its not that particular one, but as i am looking at my radiator there are two pipes running to my radiator on the left hand side, and it is the bottom one.
that picture was just for more visual reference as oppose to showing the actual pipe.

Corsa B how will i clear the air from the system?

cheers for the help guys

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
To clear air from the system, run the engine with the lid off the header bottle and keep squeezing the coolant pipes. Wait for it to just about boil over.

You may have to repeat this a few times to get the airlocks out.

Your waterpump should keep it all circulating and eventually get rid of the air.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Fill the water up to the fill line.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers Lee.

its in an awkward place to get to, i might have to jack the car up... i hope its an easy job!
will duct tape do the trick?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Nope, don't bodge it, do it properly. If it fails and you lose water, your engine will overheat and then you will have problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.