All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I got a 98 corsa b
Had a slight crash a while ago and my radio stopped working. I have checked all the fuses in the inside fuse box and at the back of the radio it self. Swapped the after market ISO connector to a original one that I knew worked. Yet the radio still does work. I have read that on corsa c and combos that there is a fuse directly of the positive battery feed but can't find it any help would be welcome

Cheers

·
Registered
474 Posts
check if you get power on the wires behind the radio and check if the grounding wires are properly placed if it's not any of these problem then it will be your headunit that has died out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already checked the power behind HU couldn't get a reading on multimeter checked all earths the ok from what I can see. Will be checking the HU soon

·
Registered
474 Posts
if you don't get reading then there is a problem somewhere. might not be your headunit afterall. but it can also be your headunit due to the crash the components inside might have short circuit somewhere inside

·
Registered
474 Posts
yeah the loom might have a broken wire inside somewhere not hard just check if the remote wire have got loads on it and if the constant 12v have load on it. if one of these have load on it just replace one anywhere on the car or just chase it from where it starts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I have now tested the radio it self in my friends car and found out I doesn't work. Also checked on the battery to see if the alternator was on the way out and couldn't get a reading from the multimeter. Bought a new one and it gave me a reading so tested the plug again and I had power to it so looks like it just the radio that's fried haha:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you know what harness it is to make a perminate live feed to the radio. And where do I get one from

1 - 9 of 9 Posts