All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please could somebody help, it's driving me up the wall.

I have had a leak in my car (Drivers side footwell) which my dad has hopefully repaired this morning.

Unfortunately, when I got back home, I turned the engine off and the radio stayed on - which has never happened before. The only way to turn it off now is to manually press the button. I then noticed the panel was only showing the time, date and temperature. The date usually changes to the radio station playing after a few seconds. Also, i can't use the panel at all. I tried pressing settings but this also doesn't work

I don't understand why this is happening. The time and temperature are changing ok so it's not like the panel has stopped working.

Please can somebody give me some ideas?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi there, sounds strange, cant really help you, but do you think its anything to do with water getting in the car, i suppose that was the servo bracket, seems like a standard feature with Corsa's lol..

I think the radio has a permanent feed for the memory and a switched live from the ignition acc terminal..i suppose it could be a fault on the ignition switch..
first thing i would try is disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and try it again...does wonders sometimes..have you touched any wiring?..

Hope that helps...cant think of anything else, suppose could have a radio fault....from Fred in Essex.

Please could somebody help, it's driving me up the wall.

I have had a leak in my car (Drivers side footwell) which my dad has hopefully repaired this morning.

Unfortunately, when I got back home, I turned the engine off and the radio stayed on - which has never happened before. The only way to turn it off now is to manually press the button. I then noticed the panel was only showing the time, date and temperature. The date usually changes to the radio station playing after a few seconds. Also, i can't use the panel at all. I tried pressing settings but this also doesn't work

I don't understand why this is happening. The time and temperature are changing ok so it's not like the panel has stopped working.

Please can somebody give me some ideas?

Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts