All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[Rant]
I called up the doctors today looking for an open appointment, as i have a highly infected ingrowing toenail, which is causing me so much pain i can barely walk!
yet i called up at "opening time" and they told me they are fully booked.. i then asked if i could book an appointment for tomorrow and they said "no call back tomorrow" and hung up!
they didnt know what was wrong with me.. i could have a far more serious thing wrong with me and they just treated me like scum! i should go down there n show them my toe!!

And i wouldnt be as annoyed but they have done this on numerous occasions.. including to my brother who at the time had 16 stitches in his forehead, 3 in his lower lip and 3 in his upper lip. ARG!
[/Rant]

You can all see it anyway :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/kingsizeriz/DSCF1331.jpg
Warning it is gross.. thats why i posted the link not the pic lol..

but yeah! anyone else been treated like crap by doctors surgerys?

my mum called up when i told her i couldnt get an app.
she told them what was wrong they said there is a walk-in centre a few miles away..
how am i meant to go there??? >_<

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'd like to say I can feel your pain, but that looks nasty lol !

Change your doctors if you'r not happy. I did recently due to their crap attitude to patient care (I am diabetic so a little higher maintainance).

This sort of thing is usually dealt with by the practice nurse. See if you can get to speak to her and get an appointment with her to sort it. They can prescribe some medicines but that needs some antibiotics by the look of it.

If she is busy, get her to call you back at the end of the morning surgery or else get the doc to do the same.

You have to hassle them to get results - my missus is a doctors secretary so I know all the dodges ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ingrowing toenails are disgusting the amount of gue I had to change my socks constantly - I have have had these 3 times then finally went to the hospital and had them fully removed could not walk properly for ages and now have no toenails and have not grown back as of yet

and change your doctors

·
Registered
100 Posts
they are really painful least you only have one I had two for months while waiting for hospital appointment - doctors are worse as they cut them out and you can hear them using the scissors so I went for the long term option and so I was asleep

but i would keep pestering them and demand an appointment

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they are really painful least you only have one I had two for months while waiting for hospital appointment - doctors are worse as they cut them out and you can hear them using the scissors so I went for the long term option and so I was asleep

but i would keep pestering them and demand an appointment
yeah my brother got 2 removed..
ive got 2 but the other isnt bad yet.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i'm 18 suffered hypo since about 9?
Hypoglycaemic is a Blood Glucose level of below 4.0 mmol/L. Hypergycaemic is a level above 6.0 mmol/L (these are taken after fasting)

When you eat sugary things, the blood sugar level rises and the pancreas produces insulin to bring it down. Eating fast release carbohydrates (chocolate bars) causes a big response by the body to this and you go hypo if you have only eaten this and work out.

If you are feeling hypo (shakes, nausea, weakness) then cut out the chocolate as this causes the level spikes and eat slower release carbohydrates like bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, oat bars etc etc instead !

I'm a type 2 diabetic (old git) so still producing insulin (just not enough), Type 1's which an 18 year old would be would produce no insulin at all, so would be hyper all the time (or dead).

Symptoms of Diabetes is usually a burning thirst and needing the loo a lot as the body is struggling to get rid of the glucose through the kidneys !

·
Registered
184 Posts
Avoid grapes if you are eating fruit, They and apples have the same effect on me as eating chocolate bars as they are very high in natural sugars.

·
Registered
148 Posts
bah feel for ya, had some meself choped them out many times grows back so left them and choped them straight line at the top and they go away in time :) is pain full tho :(

id go down the docs and say i need to see a chiropodist and see if there is one free there and u shouldn't wait 2 long of they should tell you when one is next in :)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I'm really sorry hun but i got to 'highly infected ingrowing toenail' and had to stop :eek: ....i may work in a nursing home and see all sorts of nasties but i cant do manky feet
I thank god we have a chiropadist at work :D

That aside i hope all is better soon and your 'highly infected ingrowing toenail' doesnt stay that way for long xx

·
Registered
801 Posts
I ended up going privately to get both my big toe nails removed, nail-bed and everything!! Spent 2 weeks in my own private room with Sky TV...thank you Bupa.

Yeah Surgeries have this new scheme (I think) where you make appointments for the day, If I ever need the Doctors I call up at 8am, as soon as they open to get myself in. I think they have incorperated this new scheme to reduce backlog of appointments and waiting times?

Hope all works out mate.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks nasty! My doctor surgery is rubbish too.. My brother slipped a disk in his back and tore all the ligaments (we didnt know at the time) and being constantly sick in the pain, feeling faint ect.. they wouldnt give him an appointment on the phone said he had to go up.. so he went, was sick eveyrwhere and they still sent him home!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I've been waiting 3 months just to get a lump on my eye looked at. In the mean time another few have appeared.

Thanks Tony Blair and the Labour Government.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Right. Now for the big guns.

Call them back, tell them that you feel a bit weird as its infected and you are worried that it may be affecting you in other places (anxiety attack [;)] ), cannot walk, and need the doctor to come out to the house and take a look at you today.

Every home visit is worth 10 patients seen in the surgery, so they would rather get you in than do this.

This will get their attention guaranteed !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts