1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I keep Running across these Chips on ebay

Example:
Clicky

+25bhp will modify any standard ECU by telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold and so advances the ignition by up to 2 degrees with more fueling to compensate, therefore producing more power. In many cases fuel economy is increased too. Power is increased by up to +25bhp and torque is increased significantly.
It will be more responsive

That Sounds right to me... ive never seen a before/after proven power increase, has anybody on here ever fitted one to there car? or known somebody with one fitted, there is many a hundred on ebay.

i was just wondering what people think of them.

Josh

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
So I keep Running across these Chips on ebay

Example:
Clicky

+25bhp will modify any standard ECU by telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold and so advances the ignition by up to 2 degrees with more fueling to compensate, therefore producing more power. In many cases fuel economy is increased too. Power is increased by up to +25bhp and torque is increased significantly.
It will be more responsive

That Sounds right to me... ive never seen a before/after proven power increase, has anybody on here ever fitted one to there car? or known somebody with one fitted, there is many a hundred on ebay.

i was just wondering what people think of them.

Josh
contradictory cat is contradictory

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ive got some magic beans, they can be yours for just £50. Well worth the money... Because they err... Can make you fly and stuff

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
More fuel doesnt equal more power, more air and fuel does.

The chip makes the engine think there is more fuel, however as there isnt more air this fuel will just be thrown out unburnt causing damage to your cat.

Increasing fuel economy is a joke.

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
i was stupid enough to buy one!! i felt a fuel! i was also stupid enough to buy the magnetic thing you wrap around your fuel line...i feel like an idiot for admitting it now!!!

Good car maintenance is the best waty to keep performance up :)

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
i was stupid enough to buy one!! i felt a fuel! i was also stupid enough to buy the magnetic thing you wrap around your fuel line...i feel like an idiot for admitting it now!!!

Goo car maintenance is the best waty to keep performance up :)
So where do we buy this so called "Goo car maintenance" and how do we go about using it.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Depends what type "chip" it is, theres a few on there that are a total scam, go onto a sensor most cars dont have lmao.

The power increase is most likly due to the rolling road lol
If you want to do the same, unplug your CTS lol

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
lol i see these threads on forums all the time

their simply resistor chips worth a few pence that change the fueling of the car iirc.

they dont work, the only thing they do is help **** up your engine. youd be stupid to buy one.

if the did work everybody would buy them

·
Registered
309 Posts
you can't get more power and increased fuel efficency at the same time its a massive con just like those fuel additives

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jbcCr2ll3c"]YouTube- 5th Gear - Myth about fuel additives[/nomedia]

check this out saw this the other day on dave (best channel ever!)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
was a mock of the whole ecu chips you can get or the vortex generator in the intake. Somone posted it up with pictures and put like apples in the engine area claiming that it would make you drive faster

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.