All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my car remapped at Rapid Remap.

What can I say?

Amazing results, brilliant after care, really good prices!

I paid £298 for a custom remap on my 2008 Corsa D SXi CDTi 90, and the results are phenominal! No flat spots, faster Turbo spooling, better torque (went from 200nm standard to 255nm!!), better bhp (90 to 117) and i've been told I can look forward to 10% fuel efficiency improvement!

If you are planning on a remap...do it here!

When it was first done, I had to get the broken turbo replaced a few days later (nothing to do with them, it broke in France and I thought it was a water pump...theres another thread with all the malarky that went on)...anyway, they removed the map,for free, so I could get the turbo sorted, then they put it back on for free too!

The staff are really friendly, and put on a lovely Clarkson DVD :)

I think I'm rambling now...so...yea! but overall...Awesome!!

P.S If you have a small engined petrol (up to 1.4) I wouldn't advise a remap as the gains are pretty lame...something like 20ish torques and 5 bhp...not really worth it :p

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They really really are man :) the 0-60 is far better too! pulling from 60-80 for an overtake in 6th gear was astounding! there was no struggling at all, the car just went.

I couldn't be happier with the end result!

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I don't know the difference dude :p
A live map is when they put your car on the Dyno and map it whilst running the car on the Dyno to give you a custom 1 off remap fine tuned for your car (usually only worth while if you have other modifications that wouldn't get the benefit of a generic remap)

Plug and play could mean 2 things here.
They connect the software and remap your existing ECU with a pre-set map they know works well on your engine
or
One of these crap boxes that piggybacks the existing ECU and over rides it. Usually poor results (overfueling / lots of smoke ect)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Mobile ones and plug and play they will down load a map onto software they use and plug it into your diagnostics port to map worth it if you only have a few mods but live maps are worth every penny as every engine is different

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine wasn't live no, its the software one :) they showed me the coding as well :)

I wouldnt do a mobile obey dude...there's a lot of cowboys out there

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My mechanic told me to get a panel filter :) I did see on YouTube a guy who'd changed the exhaust...apparently he got an extra 10 bhp?! All things ill consider...but for now, the £300 map will be enough :-D

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
and you inlet temps are now? and engine temps?

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
My mechanic told me to get a panel filter :) I did see on YouTube a guy who'd changed the exhaust...apparently he got an extra 10 bhp?! All things ill consider...but for now, the £300 map will be enough :-D
They're both good modifications. Some of the few you can do on a Turbo Diesel that increase fuel and performance without any negative side effects

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They're both good modifications. Some of the few you can do on a Turbo Diesel that increase fuel and performance without any negative side effects
Its just a case of money again now :) I saw that the exhaust is around the same price as the remap :p panel filter is, what, £39? :)

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Yeah that sounds about right. Ideally you want to just have the centre silencer and the cat removed (if it has one)
Doing the above to a standard backbox will give good gains and keep it quiet for the MOT.
Cat on the diesel isn't tested during the MOT so no issues removing it

If it has a "particulate filter" though removing it "may" be an MOT failure on the smoke test (particulate filter reduces the smoke comming out the exhaust) and on modern diesels you might need another remap to let the ECU know it's not there

I had my CAT and centre silencer removed on mines and a sports back box fitted with a good panel filter
My engine is standard @ 167k miles. My friend has the exact same 5 door Corsa B CDX model with 86k miles on his.
My boost and fueling hasn't been increased to make full use of the exhaust and air filter but i average around 50mpg and he is around 45mpg with same driving
Acceleration is similar untill i hit 4th and 5th then i start pulling ahead a little

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
and i'm out.
I don't understand what the issue is? You asked a question and I answered to the best of my knowledge. How would I know what all the temperatures are? I have no way of telling and I'm not mechanical at all.

This was nearly just a thread to praise the work done at Rapid Remap

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
On the speedo temperature gauge mate

1 - 20 of 35 Posts