All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I don't know the difference dude :p
A live map is when they put your car on the Dyno and map it whilst running the car on the Dyno to give you a custom 1 off remap fine tuned for your car (usually only worth while if you have other modifications that wouldn't get the benefit of a generic remap)

Plug and play could mean 2 things here.
They connect the software and remap your existing ECU with a pre-set map they know works well on your engine
or
One of these crap boxes that piggybacks the existing ECU and over rides it. Usually poor results (overfueling / lots of smoke ect)

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
My mechanic told me to get a panel filter :) I did see on YouTube a guy who'd changed the exhaust...apparently he got an extra 10 bhp?! All things ill consider...but for now, the £300 map will be enough :-D
They're both good modifications. Some of the few you can do on a Turbo Diesel that increase fuel and performance without any negative side effects

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Yeah that sounds about right. Ideally you want to just have the centre silencer and the cat removed (if it has one)
Doing the above to a standard backbox will give good gains and keep it quiet for the MOT.
Cat on the diesel isn't tested during the MOT so no issues removing it

If it has a "particulate filter" though removing it "may" be an MOT failure on the smoke test (particulate filter reduces the smoke comming out the exhaust) and on modern diesels you might need another remap to let the ECU know it's not there

I had my CAT and centre silencer removed on mines and a sports back box fitted with a good panel filter
My engine is standard @ 167k miles. My friend has the exact same 5 door Corsa B CDX model with 86k miles on his.
My boost and fueling hasn't been increased to make full use of the exhaust and air filter but i average around 50mpg and he is around 45mpg with same driving
Acceleration is similar untill i hit 4th and 5th then i start pulling ahead a little

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.