All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just on with daughter's old corsa to sort the rattle engine.have a gauge to read oil pressure which I will connect but my question is does this have a pressure relief /regulator . I've vaguely remember ready it somewhere ? Someone has said there's one in the block and I've also read it's built into the pump ?
It's a 2002 1.0 ltr
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there well it should have a pressure relief valve somewhere, usually around the oil filter area....rattles on those are usually, water pump, Timing Chain and Hydraulic Tappets.....but before you change them make sure you have good oil pressure...might be worth changing the oil and filter and put fully synthetic oil in....Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fred
It's had fresh oil and filter
Chin has been done a couple of years ago nd understand it could also be rappers.
Naturally I will check the oil pressure should it be around 22psi ?
I woz thinking could it be the pressure relief instead of the pump if it's rattly
Thanks

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Well the pressure relief valves dont usually give a lot of trouble, usually the chain and sprockets wear and the hydraulic tensioner goes a bit naft....so should be fitted as a set, not sure on the pressure, usually a lot less at idle than revving....sometimes the strainer in the bottom of the sump can get blocked..and the pumps can wear out....Also big ends and Main bearing wear can cause oil pressure to drop...from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I've checked the pressure and all seems fine so decided I'm gonna have a look at the lifters
I've got camshaft out etc and lifters are in their bores .
Do they just pull out as they lift so far up then go tight (is it just a case of more oomph to pull em.out )?
Also how do u tell.if the lifter is goosed ?
Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.