All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Advice on adapting corsa for a dog please

Hi,

I have a 2006 3 door Corsa Sxi and need to try to swap the back side windows for something secure but openable/ ventilated. please help!

Due to my relationship breakup I have had to start taking my dog to work (a university) with me as I work long days a few days a week. With the weather how it is currently this is fine as she sits in the car until lunchtime (with the windows open a few inches). I take her for a walk on my lunch and she then waits in the car till I finish work. (She's nosy so doesn't mind sitting people watching and my co-workers currently fight to walk her too so she's living the high life!)

However, ever the optimist, I'm thinking with the warm weather on its way I need to adapt my car to allow sufficient ventilation on hot days. What I have in mind is having some sort of back side windows which could open fully/ be removed so that I can mitigate the risk of the car being stolen but give her sufficient ventilation on sunny days (I.E if I left passenger and driver windows down fully someone could just open the door...)

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could go about doing this? Can you get windows that are hinged/ pop out but can also be closed and maintain a rain proof seal when driving?? Or does anyone know another successful method of dog-friendly-ing my car?

:)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You can get vents that sit on top of your window as you close them to allow air in but still keep the car secure. Can't remember what they're called though.

This is what I meant:

But this is what I found with a quick google:

·
Registered
21 Posts
It may be easier if you pop out the rear glass windows and change to Perspex or polycarbonate and whilst they are making them ask to have some round holes put in with a sliding system to keep it secure on a night.

A dog vent can be fitted to the roof at the rear? Means a hole in the roof but if its needed?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
be careful, leaving a dog in a car like that can be seen as cruelty....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.