All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm hoping some one is able to tell me how to resolve the following problem.

My original remote key fob unlock button wore off over time and broke off. The lock button still works and I now have to use the key in the door to unlock.

I have purchased a 2nd hand button unit off ebay for only £4. Easy to install with the current key blade. The problem I have is obviously re-programming.

I took my original and replacement keys to the dealer today and he told they couldn't re-program the 2nd hand unit from another car to operate my car. So it was a new key required and then re-programming that to the tune of £92, which I obviously would like to avoid.

As far as my limited knowledge takes me its not so much that the key needs re-programming but the car accepting the 2nd hand key unit in its own memory. Is this not the case?

Basically what is the easiest way to over come this problem, or is the dealer correct in what they have said???

Hope some one can help, thanks for taking the time to review this thread.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The easiest way to fix this problem is to have a new switch soldered onto your old key. They're a common part (ebay, 99p), have 4 legs and anyone who's done any soldering would be able to pop it on for you in 10 mins.

It is definitely possible to code any key to a car with their (tech2?) machine, but I expect it's against policy, so they might just not do it for you.

If you're in/near Essex I can solder ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your advice.

I'll look into the switch's because that is excatly the problem.

Do you know the best search title on ebay to get the switch?

Unfortunately not near you otherwise would ask you to solder.

·
Registered
149 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.