All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i just fitted my rear lexus lights and i thought it would be straight forward remove and fit procedure.

i put the new ones in and i had to replace the top bulb on the drivers side so i used one from my old original set, i put my lights on and thier not working properly.

when i put the main lights in my break lights come on and vice versa, i tried unplugging them and connecting the connector the other way and some of the lights work but no the other ones.

any ideas

cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive checked the connections on the lights and they all look fine, it cant be the wires from the car as they were fine with my old lights, i had a look through the forums and saw something about double filament bulbs. since i used my old bulb from my old lights and put them on the lexus ones which i think use double filament bulbs could that be the problem?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
When you say your old lights do you mean your standard corsa lights?

If so then you should notice that the old lights use 5 bulbs and the lexus only use 4 - and as you say this is because you need a double filament bulb as one of them does 2 functions.

Dunno if this helps - if not hopefully someone else will be able to help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah my standard corsa lights, so with me using my old bulb with the new lights could that be whats not making them work properly

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah hopefully that fixes the problem, ill post back and let you guys know incase anyone else gets this problem

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you pull out the bulb in question, how many contacts are there on the inside of the holder?

How many contacts on the bottom of the bulb?

Oh and IIRC double filament bulbs attach only one way round.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you pull out the bulb in question, how many contacts are there on the inside of the holder?

How many contacts on the bottom of the bulb?

Oh and IIRC double filament bulbs attach only one way round.
the ones that were in the leus lights or the 1 i replaced the broken 1 with

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
yeah changing lexus lights suck, i had to go and buy new bulbs when i put standards back in cos i was missing loads lol. then i blew a fuse somehow, was a lot of bother. dunno how i did that though hahah

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fixed now, i had the wrong bul in one of my lights, it wasnt a double filament bulb so i bought one from halfrauds and now they work

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mine didnt short, when i breaked my headlights came on and when i reversed my break lights came on lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts