All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is more of a general question.

To me (on my car, sorry no pics), it looks like the front wheel gap on the corsa b is bigger than the rear. So the rear looks lower.
Either this is just my car, and the arch trim might just be out. Or does the 1.0 use the same suspension setup as the other higher cc models, which means more weight on the front, lowering the front?

Or am I just going mad. Because I was thinking of lowering the front of the car by 20mm, to even it out. But then the ride height will look slanted lol. :palm:

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think they all use the same suspension which would make sense since you have less weight in the front. I am assuming you have stock suspension. Instead of just lowering the front 20 you might as well just lower the whole thing by 45 or so. There are springs on eBay that do like 60 front and 40 rear

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Mibo. Yeah, it's all stock.

I don't know if 60/40 would be a bit much, I know with 60s you need new shocks. I'm not on a mission to make the car look amazing... I just find it looks a bit silly at the minute.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Technically u dont need new shocks for 60's, I've had 60's all round on my 1.6 sport for the 6 years I've owned it and have only replaced one rear shock in 55k miles, no other problems, it's just a precautionary bit of advise that people get stuck in their heads about shockers bottoming out, just makes a bouncy ride and look but that's how I like it :)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Mrs had her car 40mm on standard shocks fuse is shit.

If you think that's ok, go and sit in a new car and see how that feels.

Absolutly shit

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would take a picture of mine and upload it, but I'm at work so sites like photobucket are blocked.
krazeedude, see, yours is completely different to mine then, because the rear is definitly lower than the front on mine. I would say theres about 40mm difference (wheel gap). Which is massive when comparing the front and back of the same car. What engine is yours?

I'm not fussed about handling (well I am in a way, because I don't want go through the pearly gates on fire), but I'm not using the car to race around in. I'm used to it bouncing round like a boat, it's the norm now.

danny, I probably wouldn't consider 60s anyway. The Mrs would murder me, seen as though the car is in her name... shhhhhhhh

Vegas, fuse is shit?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
1. Don't measure wheel gap, the arches are different heights from the floor.
2. Only measure from the sills at each end of the car
3. I had a 1.2 8v
4. If you say anything where you need to follow it with "sshhh", remove it. This site grossly looks down on any type of fraud, even just as a named drive when you are or not declaring all mods, don't say it. If you (meaning anyone, not personal to you) want to do that kinda thing, don't let us know ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. Don't measure wheel gap, the arches are different heights from the floor.
2. Only measure from the sills at each end of the car
3. I had a 1.2 8v
4. If you say anything where you need to follow it with "sshhh", remove it. This site grossly looks down on any type of fraud, even just as a named drive when you are or not declaring all mods, don't say it. If you (meaning anyone, not personal to you) want to do that kinda thing, don't let us know ;)
Measuring only at the sills makes sense to me, but only when the wheel gap is similar. I will try and get a few photos up to show how far out they are.

The 'sshhhh' was implying not to tell the mrs. Everything is declared, and if it wasn't I wouldn't post on a forum where everything is stored forever, even if you delete you post. I wouldn't want to fork out ££££££££s just because I didn't pay an extra few quid on my insurance lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When i lowered my car i didnt want the rear to sit lower like most peoples corsas do. When my car is on the flat the sills look pretty level. Heres a pic

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

^ I know mines a bag of nails, no one needs to remind me lmao! But as you can see in the pics, the front looks very high. Probably due to the arches being different heights like krazeedude suggested.

BenC, so what drop did you do on the front? And what on the rear if you did drop it at all?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My car runs cheap fk coilovers off ebay. £165 delivered.. The front is wound all the way down which is apparently 100mm and the rear is wound all the way down with the adjusters still in so about 70mm.
I could go lower by taking the front helper springs out and take the adjusters out the rear but theres no point. And my wheels are 15" with low profile tyres.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
See I'm not looking to make it stand out or spend a lot of cash. It's simply a run around car. I might just drop the front by 40mm, and leave it at that. Just so it looks a bit more even.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts