All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 Corsa has just failed it's MOT because of a faulty seat latch on the drivers side. Seat won't lock in the upright position, I think the rod of the lock is snapped or just caught in the mechanism.

Been quoted £130 to strip the seat back to just have a look, ridiculous. Anyone familiar with this problem? Easy fix at home, or is it a massive hassle. Appreciate anyone's input. Cheers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It'll just be a broken latch. You can strip the seat down yourself without too much hassle.

Remove the negative battery terminal for an hour before starting so you don't trip out the airbag.
Remove the 4 bolts for the seat, unclip the airbag sensor underneath and the seat should come out.
The seat cover is velcro or zip along the bottom of the back. There's normally some metal clips holding the cover on where it's more taught which I remove with pliers and replace with cable ties when putting back together.

The latch will either be a broken cable from the handle or return spring at the bottom. You may have to get one from a breakers yard or source one from somewhere else. Push bike brake (not gear) is strong enough to replace the parts of the latch but you might need to do some drilling or crimping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts