All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Corsa people
I am new to this forum and would like some help
Vauxhall wanted to charge me £45 just to have a look at the rear seat of my car. It is a Vauxhall corsa 56 5 door car.

I brought a large item and managed to put the rear seats down fully.

the rear seat comes down as one does not devide in to 2.

When i got home my friend went to put the seat back up but as in doing so he accidenlty pressed the 2 red clips in before the rear seat went back in to position. so the pictures show what i am left with.

The seat is pushed forward and make the passangers journey awkardley crap lol.

I can get the red clips to go up but the spring makes them go straight down.

the mini handles feel loose and me and friends have go in the back of the car pulling it up and down but what ever we do the seat is stuck

Any help will be appreciated.

Pictures Below...............

Thanks again

Luke

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Push the mechanism back with a screwdriver that will pop button back in place.

BOUGHT*

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I take it from what you've said the buttons are still stuck in place?

That's because when the chairs go back and slot into place the metal bracket it pushes onto lifts the buttons back up for you.

So you need to use a screwdriver as if it's the "bracket" so buttons can go back up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take it from what you've said the buttons are still stuck in place?

That's because when the chairs go back and slot into place the metal bracket it pushes onto lifts the buttons back up for you.

So you need to use a screwdriver as if it's the "bracket" so buttons can go back up
as the when you say the buttons u mean ( red clips )?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I don't know what they're in your Corsa.

I'm
Referring to what you press down to mOve seats

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Same as above should still apply, you need to go and have a proper look

Reactions: luke_rooney18

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Just both handles at the same time and use some force, they just have different settings of how far back it goes.

to go all the way back, lift both handles again and push forwards, this should put the seats back down, then push the handles (boot side) and pull the whole seat backwards.

May help to remove your parcel shelf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok got in car kicked the handles and then they came lose and seats came forward then they went back in position thanks for all your help

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
BADDA BING! :)

Glad we could help man...if in doubt....kick it ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a simular problem, and solved it: The problem is the following:

in luke_rooney18 first (and third) picture, you see the the fixed plate with hole in it, going into the lock. inside the lock, a pin goes into the second hole in the plate. The handle on the top of the seat operates ( via a bar and a spring) , the pin in/out of the hole. The problem is, that this spring that is connected to the pin, is disconnected, and the only solution is to take out the lock in order to connect the pin and spring again.

The following steps are needed:
take out the lower part of the rear seat (3 screws in front of the seat)
loosen the 'fixed plate' with the two holes (2 screws inside the locker)
Take out the upper part of the rear seat (3 screws in front and 2 screw aft where the seats splits). Remove the small plastic cover at each end of the seat. Release the seat-locks behind these plastic covers, and take out the seat.
Now you loose the (faulty) lock (2 screws)
take off the seat-cloth (my car had zip's) so much as you can take out the lock and fix it. (the spring must be reconnected to the pin) also, it is a good idea to put a little vaseline on the pin and into the holes, to avoid the problem to reoccur

sorry for my poor language, and missing pictures. Hope this will help somebody :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I had the same trouble with my 3 door, had to take the lock off in the end...its only secured now with one catch, but a have a friendly MOT tester so who cares...F

1 - 18 of 18 Posts